Intro to jig-guy

jig-guy

Hi gang, LedHed let me know about this site a few days ago.
Name jig-guy / Bill, location Hesperia Ca. Got name jig-guy long ago when I started bass fishing with jigs at age 15. I have used jigs in freah water and salt for a long time. Started fishing at age 6 up at Bishop Creek CA 1947. Now I am 70 and still doing it. I will stop at this time to many stories. But I have had a great run with the fishing sport in my life. Sportsman fathers are a great asset for kids.
I started pouring lead jigs about 6 years ago because I could not purchase thin weedguard football head jigs with a thin wire hook (114 Gamakatsu). Learned how to make the jigs & powder coat paint them. I ended up with too many molds because I liked my own hand made jigs for fishing and sinkers. I have sold off most of my molds but still make my bullet jigs, Style 9 swimbat jigs, flat head jig and so on.
I met LedHed on Tackleunderground a couple of years back.
Now I am retired and like to fish out in the ocean. I will be on a charter 7 July for a 1 1/2 day trip. Hunting for yellow tail and white sea bass with 1 oz. bullet jigs painted Flo-green and covered with squid. Worm weather is almost here so I can get out of the house.
Anyway thanks for the opportunity to join ths site.
jig-guy / Bill
My Personal Best Large Mouth Bass 14 pounds 13 oz.

noel sanchez

welcome jig-guy your in the right place hope to see alot of your work and the fish you catch.

JUNGLEJIM1

Welcome from Missouri. I'd like to see a pic of that bass.Got my best beat by 6 lbs.That would be a state record in Missouri. Good luck on your trip.

jig-guy

Junglejim1, the 14 lb. 13 oz bass was released as soon as I weighed her. I did not have a camera in my boat at the time. All of my LMB PB's came from Lake Isabella Ca.. The 14.13, I also bagged a 10 lb. 4 oz. and a 7lb 12oz.. These fish were all caught on different trips. Those were some fun outings.
jg

Hawnjigs

KISS
I'm an old guy too, started collecting Social Security this year. I gotta say, you REALLY old guys are inspiring still out there pounding water.

Back