Inline Spinners

PanfishHunter

My mom bought a 30 pack of cheap inline spinners for me and my dad, so i decided to experiment with a few of them.

This one is all kiptail
ZhHRxOD.jpg

The chartreuse on this one is bucktail
itG3Gq2.jpg

AllenOK

Those look nice!

When I assemble my in-line spinners, I usually put a split ring between the spinner shaft and hook. Makes for easy change-outs of hooks.

If I know I'm targeting BIG fish (Stripers), I'll go to KVD EWG Trebles. Those are some sticky hooks! And, they don't straighten out like some of the cheap stock hooks on some lures do....

PanfishHunter

Thanks allen. I might cut the hooks off of these and put split rings and some better hooks on there when i'm able to find some. I'll use these for targeting white bass, so i'll find some heavier wire hooks. Thanks for the tip!

QPassage

I like a stainless steel swivel on the front of my in-lines. It helps void the line twisting up on the reel, a lot. Also if you ever use a single hook on an inline adding the split ring will increase hook ups about 10 fold. It allows the hook to rotate another 45-60 degrees plus give a more life like action in the water.

hookup

AllenOK said:
When I assemble my in-line spinners, I usually put a split ring between the spinner shaft and hook.

Great tip - allows you to upgrade the hooks too.

Pan - take out a small wetstone & sharpen the hooks. Wont matter on crappie, but will matter on panfish & bass

AllenOK

I was buying those KVD EWG trebles at Wally World. It's a six-pack of hooks in a light green package. They're a really strong, extra-sharp right-out-of-the-package treble hook. I like using them whenever there's a shot that I'm going to get into some decent Stripers. Basically, when I'm fishing in the river.

If you're targeting White Bass, and there's aren't any Hybrid Stripers or Striped Bass in the water, Eagle Claw trebles (also available at Wally World) will work just as well. You'll probably want to sharpen them after you get them installed on the spinnerbait.

Back