inline spinners from lure body mold

fisherb

I poured and painted 3 dozen lure bodies with the do it lure body mold yesterday. 2 dozen 1/8 oz, and 1 dozen 1/16 oz. A lot more time consuming building them this way than using metal beads for weight, but I like the looks of these better. Hope the stocked trout think so as well :D

IMG_20150126_180711949.jpg

Fatman

Nice looking spinners!! Having made a bunch over the years I'd make sure to do at least two full turns forming the eye's on the wire. Nothing like popping a big trout and not having that little extra wrap holding tight for you.

fisherb

Pup said:
Very nice-looking spinners. :cool:

Do you dress any of the treble hooks?

I usually do, but these are for my dad, and he likes the hooks plain. He's retired and fishes often, so he's my field tester. I don't get out as often as I'd like with three little kiddos at home.

hookup

Nice jobs. I build inlines too, but loose them so fast, I tend to fish with something else.

But bass love the big ones because no one ever throws them

fisherb

crappiecripplerjigs said:
Those look great! How do you manage perfectly round line tie and hook holder? Mine are always cockeyed.

I use the 4" closed eye wire shafts from Janns. I build the spinner upside down, using the preformed eye as the top. To make the bottom bend, I first make about a 60 degree bend opposite direction of my loop bend, move the pliers to the other side of the bend I just made, then make the loop for the hook. Also I use round bend pliers I got on amazon. Not sure if I explained that very well, I can take and post pics of the steps if you'd like.

Back