IL 03/28/15

plateboater

Was the only boat on the lake most of the day.....water temp 45 degrees. Sunny about 30 degrees with light winds. Crushing the crappies on the 1/64 is understatement. Orange head white kiptail was by far the winner for the day. Spider rigging found them today in 10ft to 12ft of water. They were chasing shad with the seagulls! Last weekend was 29ft. Used the HD's until I found them!
View attachment 5
View attachment 6
View attachment 7

Attachments

• DSCN1391.JPG
    DSCN1391.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCN1376.JPG
    DSCN1376.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0649.JPG
    IMG_0649.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 90

plateboater

AllenOk.....very perplexed now! I will keep on the 1/64 until they stop biting it!! The problem is I can only run two rods per state lasw so my choices make it hard for spider rigging. I store 9 or 10 rods on the boat ready to go.

AllenOK

Man, two poles at a time? Here in OK, it's 7 poles / person. There are special area exemptions, which include some of the bigger lakes. So, some lakes are restricted to two poles / person here. I fish out of a kayak; 2 rods is usually all I take with me. One for trolling, one for casting.

Can you tie on more than one lure/hook per pole? Say, two or three jigs, about 18" apart, at the end of the line of one pole? That can help determine color change preferences, and possibly movements up and/or down as well.

reefmo

Like Led said, we are stuck with two poles -- but only if you pay for the privilege. Normal license is only one pole, pay extra and use 2.

plateboater

Interesting in IL.......while catfishing on the river you can tag each rod (name address) under the rules "bank poles" they become legal. So I run 6 to 8 rods catfishing. But on lakes they are smarter to post how many!

Back