ICE OUT !!!!

Fatman

I know the guys want to go out but it ain't worth risking your life over. Sounds like the guys on Erie and Ontario getting stuck out there, happens every year.

Shoemoo

Damn, seems like people were just announcing fishable ice a few weeks ago. Mighty short season this winter.

I'm just hoping spring gets here on schedule this year. We've had very late, wet springs over the past two years. Played havok with the warmwater fishing.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Heard almost an identical report out of Michigan! I wanted to get out pretty bad this year since i had some new toys..... pushed it a little close once and haven't even measured the thickness of the ice since.

Wonder what effect this winter is going to have on the times that fish spawn? There is also talk that since we never got a hard/long freeze that the lakes that had trouble with algae blooms could be in for a MAJOR bloom this year.

Fatman

Some idiot up here in Vermont on Lake Champlain lost his car through the ice. At first they thought he was in till they found him down the shore line. These guys up here just don't learn.

And worse their supposed to be having those Ice sailing thing races on the lake this weekend absolutely nuts.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
quivira kid said:
Depressing..... :(

Zac - weren't you spose to be going on a trip to S.Dakota? Can't remember when you said you were going. You had posted it once but think that got deleted in the database back-step we had.

Back