Ice Jigs??

fishhunter775

Future Sponsor
Ok guys looking for some critism.Trying some simple jigs for ice fishing.They are a size 1/80 on a #10.Ok what do you think?Will they hunt or should I just try something else.Thanks
DSCN3950.jpg

papaperch

Did someone say ice jigs ? Here are some of my go toos when the bite gets finicky or just downright picky. Most are unweighted thread heads. One is a mini blade. Think almost neural buoyant. I use them underneath a swedish pimple or kastmaster with about a three inch dropper. Another way is to tie above a heavier lure. I like to use a real long dropper line of about 10-12 inches above my main lure. This causes a r-e-a-l slow drop that seems to work on those kind of days. Make sure dropper line is no bigger than 2# test and insure that when the mini -mite ( my name for these teensy lures ) is above your main lure when hanging in air to keep tangling to a minimum. Usually tip with one maggot or 1/2 a waxworm.

teenies.jpg

oldfox

Those all look good to me! It's been getting down into the 30'S here at night...hopefully we will have some fishable ice in Dec this year! Working on some ice jigs...will post when I'm satisfied with them :)

oldfox

Tied up a few on a variety of 1/64 and 1/80 heads using some of my favorite crappie colors. Kinda tiny for these old fingers, but I think the fishies might like them ;)

View attachment 5

Attachments

• 10-23-11 002.jpg
    10-23-11 002.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 51

LedHed

Sponsor
WOW - hays and ol' fox you guys posted up some great stuff.
PP really like your three o'clock.
Ol' fox think that pink would slay here.

Awesome tyes - lots of good ideas - thnx

papaperch

Oldfox - those will put meat in pan. But yes hard on my old fingers here
Sonny - yep that 3 oclock one is responsible for many MIA panfish here in Ohio

StumpHunter - if you serious about wishing for ice . I can send wifey down there to stick her feet in your favorite lake. Should
freeze hard enough to walk on in about 10 minutes. Judging by how cold they are when she crawls into sack and
delights in putting smack on my back.

redman

Ahh yes Ice on the lake. I do remember those days. Just glad I now live in the South and don't have to wake up to those very cold temps. You guys did a good job with those Ice Jigs. Like the idea of puting them under a Kastmaster. That is my all time favorite Ice lure. Still use it down here in late summer. Vertical jigging close to a blow down that time of year will put some crappies in the boat. Might have to tie up some small ones to add to a Kastmaster to see if it works.

Hays I think that all wife's must be the same. Every one of mine had cold feet and all took pride in putting them on my warm back to warm them. That will wake you right up again.

Redman

Back