I love wool

Jungleboy

I have tried feathers an find them hard to control but Deer hair or wool is so nice to work with . Black wool body, Badger hair belly , Yellow wool lateral lines and chenille neck.[
IMG_11421.jpg
[/URL][/img]

toadfrog

I 've tied approximately 3 jigs with wool . Guess I ought to revisit one more time . Take that fish'in give us an up date . Never did fish mine . Can't be much different than kip tail .

StumpHunter

Nice jig. Working with wool is very interesting because of the shapes that can be had with it. Have fish a few wool jigs but it's hard to change up to wool when other materials are working.

jiggerjohn

Friends and I have caught so many fish of varying species on wool jigs over the past year that I may never again fish much without at least a little bit of the sheepskin involved! I've tried a few ties with a lengthy chunk of wool as the main focus, tho have done much better with the original pattern that Red Denmark taught me - an initial short tie of this water absorbing material on the hookshank first, with satin or other materials over it and on each side-when wool expands with wetness it forms a robust minnow shape with the more colorful materials pushed out & yielding much superior action.

Back