I haven't died

Shoemoo

Just haven't been doing much jig painting or tying for a few months. But now that spring is on its way, I'm definitely thinking about tying new stuff to throw.

Also helps that at the end of the month I'll be moving MUCH closer to my favorite fishing hole for crappies and smallmouth.

Can't wait to hit the water.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
"I haven't died".........

Well that is good to hear! :p

Spring is coming, or they keep saying that anyway. Glad you found your way back to the Coolest Place On The Internet.*

* Your results may vary

Shoemoo

Thanks guys. Loaded up my truck and hauled some stuff to my new apartment, then went fishing. Caught 20+ smallmouth on sparkly black under a bobber in the hour and a half up until dark. Was standing on a rocky embankment and casting the jig along the shoreline. Set the depth to a few inches above the rocky bottom and reeled in as slowly as I could stand it. 9 times out of 10 they would hit within the last few feet.

The fish were all solid, fat and healthy. One even had a crawdad tail sticking out of its throat. No super huge ones, but they ranged from about 10"-15". I could have kept a limit if I wanted, but I felt like doing C&R today so they all went back.

Here's hoping there are many more days like this to come. :D

drdore

It sure is nice to see you posting again. Always enjoy the insight and information, you provide.

Back