I Found This Moldmaker

SaltyBuckster

I did'nt really check into it very far.I just remembered some people looking for a place to have thier molds modified or made for them a while back.I don't really have one that I want made yet.But,I'm still looking for that jighead,lol.

cadman

The key with this guy is simple, if you read closely, in order to get the mold price stated you have to send him a cad file otherwise you will have to pay him an additional $35/per hour to design your jig for you, which at that point he will create a cad file based on your design. Then he will use his cad file to machine the molds and create cutting tool paths. I have been designing and drawing on cad for 25+ years. This day and age almost everything is done on cad. Maybe 5% is still hand drawn. So this mold veture depending on how complex the design is can cost you well over $500-$600. The $35 design rate is in proportion to todays current labor costs. I do freelance cad design and I have designed some molds, it is very time consuming as you are always making a one of custom mold for someone. If I were like Do-It and sold molds well the cost would be offset by the volume of molds I sold. In Do-It's case they sell 100's. Naturally like anything else there are other guys out there that will charge less.

Back