How to recess a round jighead to accept 3D eyes

StumpHunter

hookup said:
stump

notice you use only the adhesive on the back of the eye. do you loose allot of eyes?

edit - good trick & I'll try it thx

I have never lost an eye from a jig that is covered with Sally Henson, I do cover the whole head and eyes.

Fatman, I never had Sally Henson melt a eye but everyone need to use what they think works best. Northern Sally Henson may not be as good as the Southern Sally Henson :D:D

hookup

I'm blonde, so bear w/ me.

You saying after the jig's done, eyes are on, you cover it w/ Sally Hansens Hard as Nails?

I find the nail polish changes the colors on some of my painted jigs

(not bad, when you paint a chartreuse head and get yellow-orange).

Fatman

The only color I've heard about that it messes with is chartreuse but I haven't used sally's on mine I use either Duco cement or epoxy.

StumpHunter

hookup said:
I'm blonde, so bear w/ me.

You saying after the jig's done, eyes are on, you cover it w/ Sally Hansens Hard as Nails?

I have never had any trouble with SH changing colors of powder paint but chart will act like it is trying to run so I use one bottle just for chart heads. When covering the chart heads with SH they are still chart. I have never seen one turn to any other color.

Tell us what you do with the eyes, I can only tell you what I do when I'm placing 3D eyes on the heads. If you have something that works better than SH please share it with us here.

SlabHappy

Don't be an idiot like me. I did about 50 of these, and didn't take my time, and most of my heads are not straight. Don't really think it will matter much, haven't tried them. Might give them an interesting flutter when they drop?

toadfrog

Mighty fine Stump . great video . your accent is even similar to mine . I bet you get a bunch of hits from the north some of them think we talk funny .LOL

Bucho

hookup said:

Just got my very first Sally Hansens - it destroys the chrome effect on my favorite powder paint. Same as the no-name nail hardener I used untill then.

Apart from that, great stuff, especially for sealing small heads that I simply pour with more tin and catch the silvery shine before it fades to grey. This also rids me of the troubles caused by thick powder paint layers on small scpecialized jig heads.

StumpHunter

toadfrog said:
Mighty fine Stump . great video . your accent is even similar to mine . I bet you get a bunch of hits from the north some of them think we talk funny .LOL

Yes the accent is deep. I took a remodel job back in the 80's in Baltimore that took close to a month to finish. I had worked with a lot of Northerners over the years and always enjoyed sharing stories with them, well I was told about a bar where the good O Northern Boys like to go after work for a beer so I thought I would take my guys and go see what is was like. LOL as soon as I asked for the first beer everyone there caught onto my accent. Let just say that as long as I was willing to talk I never had to buy a beer :icon14: :D Heck I thought everyone talked like I did :cool:

Back