How to recess a round jighead to accept 3D eyes

StumpHunter

Andy on a 1/32 you will have to recess the head more but the 3mm eyes will work. I use 3mm for 1/32, 1/24, 1/16 and sometimes will use them on a 1/8 but the 4mm works great on the 1/8 and 1/4. I don't tie many over 1/4oz but I do keep some 5mm eyes on hand if I need them.

Fatman

Stump when you posted recess I thought it was like a pillhead with the holes punched in on it. I do the same thing as you with needle nose only I use the space underneath
100_1983.jpg
[/img]

Shoemoo

I could see getting sore hands after doing a lot of those. I wonder if using a bench vise might be easier?

Lost Pole

Thought same as Doug, but that's a great breakdown on a flat side!
I've got some smooth face pliers that I've considered adhering pins in some way but never tried. I've seen some grommet pliers that look promising also.
Easiest process to me is to call Mr G or Ron Don. Or Become wealthy enough to have a custom mold made or one altered.

StumpHunter

I think y'all are missing what this is about. I don't flatten the head only recess the head enough for the 3D eye to set in and once the eye is placed on the head the head still is round. HECK IF YOU JUST WANT A FLAT HEAD TAKE A HAMMER TO THEM.

Lost Pole

StumpHunter said:
I think y'all are missing what this is about. I don't flatten the head only recess the head enough for the 3D eye to set in and once the eye is placed on the head the head still is round. HECK IF YOU JUST WANT A FLAT HEAD TAKE A HAMMER TO THEM.

Whoaa now chief! I get where n from what corner your coming in from. Your effort is much APPRECIATED.

StumpHunter

Lost Pole said:
StumpHunter said:

Whoaa now chief! I get where n from what corner your coming in from. Your effort is much APPRECIATED.

LOL, trying to let you know what I'm doing and not up-set. :icon14:

smalljaw

Thanks for that StumpHunter, I was going to buy 1/8" and 3/16" steel rod and make small pins and then put the pins in an old set of pliers but this is much easier and it looks good.

hookup

stump

notice you use only the adhesive on the back of the eye. do you loose allot of eyes?

edit - good trick & I'll try it thx

Back