How Do You Resize Your Pics

ScottV

I've been using Photobucket and doing the copy and paste with the IMG code of the photo but my photo is too big when I put it in a post. Is there a way I can post photos straight from a file on my computer? Thanks

Scott

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I use a simple version of PhotoShop to do all photo editing... can be complicated but i think it is worth it once you get used to it.

I do not have a photobucket account, so not sure if you can resize things right in there. You want your picture size to be down to about 640 pixels wide. This helps in 2 ways... smaller file size makes faster load time and the actual picture size will fit on the screen of just about any monitor. I doubt too many people even use smaller monitors anymore - everything has gone to the wide screen style.

Once you get your file sized down, you can load it directly from your computer as an attachment.......

The Attachment section is just above your "Post Reply" button when you are making a post. On the left there is a "Browse" button, When you click it, it will let you find the picture you want on your computer. When you come back to the JigCraft window the file will be listed in the new attachment window, you must click the "Add Attachment" button on the right side to send the file to the website. Just one more step, you have to insert the attachment into your post. Put your cursor where you want the attachment to be in your post then roll back down to the Attachment section. Your file should be listed now and to the right of it there is a "Insert Into Post" button. Whe you click it it will put some code into your post. It actually is pretty simple after you do it once and get all the buttons down.

I am posting my avatar... so i could figure out where all buttons were and what they are called. :D Hope this helps.
View attachment 2

Attachments

• fishbone_2.gif
    fishbone_2.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 87

ScottV

AtticaFish said:
I use a simple version of PhotoShop to do all photo editing... can be complicated but i think it is worth it once you get used to it.

I do not have a photobucket account, so not sure if you can resize things right in there. You want your picture size to be down to about 640 pixels wide. This helps in 2 ways... smaller file size makes faster load time and the actual picture size will fit on the screen of just about any monitor. I doubt too many people even use smaller monitors anymore - everything has gone to the wide screen style.

Once you get your file sized down, you can load it directly from your computer as an attachment.......

The Attachment section is just above your "Post Reply" button when you are making a post. On the left there is a "Browse" button, When you click it, it will let you find the picture you want on your computer. When you come back to the JigCraft window the file will be listed in the new attachment window, you must click the "Add Attachment" button on the right side to send the file to the website. Just one more step, you have to insert the attachment into your post. Put your cursor where you want the attachment to be in your post then roll back down to the Attachment section. Your file should be listed now and to the right of it there is a "Insert Into Post" button. Whe you click it it will put some code into your post. It actually is pretty simple after you do it once and get all the buttons down.

I am posting my avatar... so i could figure out where all buttons were and what they are called. :D Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help! I will send a pic to see if it works.

1.jpg
Airight, think I've got it. Thanks a lot!
Scott

cadman

ScottV said:
I've been using Photobucket and doing the copy and paste with the IMG code of the photo but my photo is too big when I put it in a post. Is there a way I can post photos straight from a file on my computer? Thanks

Scott

You can also use "Paint" which comes with all windows programs. Just stretch and skew and your done. Then "save as" your new file.

StumpHunter

You can also use "Paint" which comes with all windows programs. Just stretch and skew and your done. Then "save as" your new file.
[/quote]

I have never used "paint" but I am going to try it. Is this the program that is used when drawing? Thanks for the heads up.

cadman

StumpHunter said:

I have never used "paint" but I am going to try it. Is this the program that is used when drawing? Thanks for the heads up.
[/quote]

No this is a program that Microsoft puts in all computers. You can bring in pictures and scale them up or down or modify them. This is not a full photoshop program. This is a simple program just to make small changes. What version of windows do you have? XP, Vista?

cadman

StumpHunter said:
I have the XP window

Sorry, for not getting back to you sooner I forgot about it. Anyway if you haven't figured it out. I windows XP you can find paint by going to.....Start ....All Programs....Accessories...System Tools.....then Paint. If you can't find it there, go to Start.....Search.....All files and folders........ then type in Paint*.* in the part or file name, click on search. Once the application comes up on the screen, you can drag and drop on your desk top.

ScottV

The way I have figured out how to resize mine is using a Nero program I had on my computer already. Different megapixel cameras will take a pic at different sizes. I have a 12 megapixel so my photos are really large until I resize them. Most picture viewing programs have an edit feature. After you load the pic from your camera to your computer, open the picture and see if you can edit it. On mine, I click on "edit", then "resize". On the top number I put 640 and the bottom number changes to corespond to it. Then I click "apply", then "save". I now can load it onto photobucket.

StumpHunter

I have photobucket set up for all my pics to resize at 640x480 and my program for my camera I can resize them too. I do want to find paint in the puter also just so I know how to use it.

Back