How about bucktails?

quivira kid

I've been getting after some 1/8-oz and 1/4-oz bucktail jigs lately in preparation of laying the smack down on some white bass, wipers, and wallys here in the next few weeks. What are some of your favorite color combos? Let's see 'em!

Radtexan

I dont tie alot with bucktails(as you can tell ;) ) but have caught lots of whites on this one..
tffswap-1.jpg

One of my favorite crappie combo's
pheas002.jpg

toadfrog

I've still got one of those dart head molds 1/8 and 1/4 I think . They never did catch on around here for some reason . Good heads make nice looking jigs like yours . Just never could understand why folks here don't use heck out of them with all the rocks and stumps in our lakes.

Jig Man

Not sure what water color you fish, but my lake is slightly stained, and the whites tore this one up. Yellow head, gold/black body, yellow tail.

CIMG1632.jpg

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I am sure you saw my B-Tails i tied here - Stocking Up - wich are some of my favorite color combos for smallmouth. I did really well with the few i made last year with the rabbit tied in the middle..... i plan to make more up, i will put them up here when i get them done.

I have never fished our white bass spawn hardcore, but most locals use white or other BRIGHT colors of fuzzy grubs as a general rule. These are both for river run fish and the general L. Erie population... just different rigging and presentation.

SaltyBuckster

I have some great luck with this one in 1/8 and 1/16 oz. mostly largemouthe here though.Black head,black and grey bucktail with a little Fl yellow at the bottom and Baitfish chenille.It's got a few strands of grey flash.

Attachments

• DSC00008.JPG
    DSC00008.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 83

SaltyBuckster

Here's a better look.You made me go and find some of the good proven ones.These will catch any species of fish.Kinda tiny after playing with 2 and 3 oz. guys for the last month or so.Most of these were tyed from the tips of the bucktail.Much softer hair.

Attachments

• DSC00009.JPG
    DSC00009.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 80

SaltyBuckster

Tied this one today just for you Scott.Had some leftover black sitting on my bench and a couple of 1/16 already painted black so I did it up.Heck,I like it,lol.On the body I first tied the bucktail then some chenille and finished it off with my black thread.I'm sure that it would do good for anything.+

Attachments

• DSC00014.JPG
    DSC00014.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 43

quivira kid

Here's a couple I did up tonight... Black/chartreuse/red seems to be a "money" combo around here for some reason. Got a blue bucktail on its way to my house. Can't wait to play with that one!

SU1HMDIxMTYuanBn.jpg

Fatman

Here's some that I do with bucktails for smallies

Spundeerhairjigs010.jpg

and this was the closest I ever got spinning bucktail and it still looks like crap. Supposed to be a mouse LOL

Spundeerhairjigs003-2.jpg

Back