Hope all my tying buddies....

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you and hope you did as well. As usual..... ate too much and ended up in bed early. haha. Have 1 more turkey diner to eat this weekend with the other side of the family.

hookup

Had a good one

Wife & I were burned out on bird so we did a tri-tip, came out very nice

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Tri-tip sounds damn good to me after eating 2 separate full course turkey meals. The Italian side did have a lasagna though. For cooking turkey, i would say the breast and thigh only that cooks in the bag has got to have the best flavor. In-laws have done this for 2 years now and it is mighty tasty. Need to ask where they get it from........... but guessing Sams club.

Kdog

This year was aa small dinner most of the family went to PA but I could not make it. Very traditional, Turkey, Stuffing mashed taters gravy, fresh rolls cranberry sauce, green beans. Pecan pie, pumpkin pie. Chocolate pie, rum cake. Friday wife insisted I smoke a turkey and a pork butt. Is all goood but its leftovers now and although food, I just want meatloaf, mashed taters and creamed peas. Saturday was a walleye feast, with onion rings and hush puppies. Anfd I'm due for my annual phsucal in a week or so,

Ate too much, too many leftovers. Mother in law made dressing cups instead of big pan of it. Little bite size morsels just right for a dip in gravy and pop into your mouth.
Russ the cooling bags are available in lots of places but you can do just as well with a brown paper bag. I know as my mother did that for many years.

hookup

Even the left overs of the tri-tip were awesome

Hot beef sandwiches for lunch and beef w/ gravy & mashed potatoes for another dinner

My wife & I both are not fans of left over turkey for dinner - although I luv it on sandwiches

Jig Man

I like the cream turkey on toast for the second round... But beef round 2 will win every time!

hookup

Mom use to take the turkey carcass and roast it them make a turkey stock. She's then shred the turkey meat & make a turkey barley soup and freeze it in individual servings for lunchs

Back