Hmmmm,Let's See

SaltyBuckster

I have these two lonesom 2 oz. jigs with 6/0 hooks awaiting to be tied for some striper action.I wonder what color coats to put on them?They have a silver and black "Fluff & Stuff" paint job on them,lol.I like that term.Sorta look like Itallian boys heads now that I see them on the screen,Ha

Attachments

• DSC00004.JPG
    DSC00004.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 57

toadfrog

Gray on top white on bottom Red hackle laid down the side for a blood line. That'll git her.

SaltyBuckster

Well it's going to be like a Spro Bunker,they are blue on top,this one is going to be black on top.Then they go pink then white.I'm going to go black-top,then pink then grey.I've been so busy with this big water boat thing that I have'nt had time to do anything else.I have time now,all that crap is done.Let's goooooo.lol.

SaltyBuckster

Well,here's the first one.I find myself being more of a Realist nowadays,Like looking at picture of a baitfish and trying to duplicate it as well as I can from the picture.I think the biggest thing with saltwater baitfish and freshwater alike is that distinctive shad dot.The shad and bunker have the dots and I think that the fish nail these baits because of it.My grey bucktails did well on flounder without the dot,but once I started putting it on there I caught bigger fish.
This one I did black top,kelly green next and a grey bottom.I used red and grey pearl flash and "The Dot".2 oz. with a 6/0 hook.

Attachments

• DSC00018.JPG
    DSC00018.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 17
Back