Hey Papa look at the

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
ones on the bottom of the bucket! Here was my first attempt at some foilys. I don't have the right material to make these so I had to just use what I had on hand. Put a color on the back and I think they would look decent.

clear3_zps5ca16ba2.jpg

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Ok so heres some pics with eyes and a clear dip. Once I get the right foil in I will do some scale patterns on the backs.

clear2_zps72a7f108.jpg

clear_zps63d9cd8c.jpg

clear1_zpsbace756f.jpg

Lost Pole

Crazy. If they could get better, I ain't never seen it. The best, hands down.
If I still fished plastic, I'd be begging you to teach me.
Gon need you for that airbrush though. :)
You been fishing any of your baits lately with success?
Would be cool to see some pics of em in fishes moufs.
I've been stomping 'em for a while but the water dropped out and now I'm getting fat.

plateboater

Hands down solid bait.......when do we purchase. I am ready for ice out and open water with that sweet piece!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Those are amazing!!! They disappear except for the flash just like they tiny bait fish. :cool: Man o man bet those would kill the big gills & perch in some of the gin clear lakes in my area.

papaperch

RonDon- those look excellent. My experiment with the gummy minnow material was pretty much a failure. They looked good at first but went downhill. So my idea was a complete failure. Also was really labor intensive took me about 1/2 hour each on the four I did make.

When I worked as an electronic technician. We technicians used to make fun of the engineers. They would think of and design something. Then run it down to us to actually make it work like they envisioned.

After today I felt like one of those engineers. On the upside I was able to purchase a few of the Berkley Drop shot minnows. They make the 2inch size which Lunkerbaits smallest is 3 inch. Below is pic of the Berkley version

JUNGLEJIM1

I want some to put in resin and fish with. Probably more to fish with. Great job on those little baits. Are they about 2 inches long?? Perfect size for me.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Ive located what some of the big boys use. Callin me back in the morn about whether or not i have to buy a huge roll or not. Might be a deal breaker for lil ole me. Ha all he would tell me was its expensive.

papaperch

Glad to hear they worked with you. In the process of sorting all my tackle ( been at it since the 1st of the year ). I stumbled across some old YUM ( I think ) baits. Threw some eyes on them covered heads with Hydro Clear Cure Goo. Just so eyes will stay on.

While they look ok sorta. The foil inside adds so much to the equation. I really don't want to get into pouring plastics. I have a tendency to spend enough to make a drunken sailor or worse yet like a politician when getting into a hobby.

For those that might not know that is a standoff hook in the one. I envision using these baits while drop shotting. The standoff hook simplifies the tying of the rig. By the way if you haven't tried the drop shot method. do yourself a favor and at least try it. Every once in a while those green carp fishermen come up with a good idea.

hookup

Nice job.

I've used some christmas tinsle in jigs. Wonder what some of the pearlesent tinsle pieces in your pours would be. With that clear plastic, the world is your oyster as far as color choices.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Eyes really spice those up Bill. Those are crazy A's slab bandits.

Hookup a lot of that stuff will melt. It has to be able to withstand temps of 320 or more.

Back