Hey Mel !!

Radtexan

6:25 am and Im Stamford bound :p

Hope to be able to show Heath there really are some crappie in there......

I'll see if our Panther is still on the prowl..Report on Sunday Night :reeling:

Jig Man

Well best of luck, and be careful after dark. Deff. some gooduns there fo sho. Haven't talKed to him this week, but our bud might be there. Its been awhile since the last time.

Fatman

Can't wait to hear this report!!!!!!!!! and story telling
smiley-laughing025.gif

CrappieHappy said:
Damn, spare: check, tire tool: DOH!

Now who in there right mind would go on a road trip without a jack, lug wrench and extra cash to pay the other guy to change the tire.... Hmmm was the wrecked green and yellow by chance.... LOL

Doc is alive and doing well...

Radtexan

Shore wish I a better report,but it didnt get much better after the blow out.....and btw I did have a good spare,jack,and a tire tool..........................Just not the one I needed.. :beat-up:

I remember the days,at least in my part of Texas if you broke down on the road,and looked somewhat respectable you might have 10 or more folks stop and ask if you needed any help...........Not anymore,,,almost 2 hours by the road and not a one did.....Even had a dozen or more fisherman (looked like bass guys) go right by...Had to talk my SIL into driving out 35 some odd mile to bring me a four way...Didnt take long to get going once he arrived...

Stopped in the next town up to get another spare,and like Stump said 96.00 + mounting ,balancing, and tax was the best I could do on a new one. splat.gif And another hour delay......

And Doc,the other guy was Mrs Rad......First time she's made a "big" fishin trip with me in a few years..She wasnt much help in getting the tire changed,or prepping the boat,or the backing of the trailer,or launching the boat,or loading the boat,or ................but thats a whole nuther story... :cool:

Lake is right at 30 ' low,13 ' down from my last visit in April..I know the lake,but not THAT lake..My normal spots were either sand or 2-3 ' at best...

All I can tell ya is the cost of sand bass has risen astronomically..Best I can figure that one little 3/4 pounder cost me in the neighborhood of 465.00 a pound,,, :head_scratch: Dont tell anyone but I did set out 4 jugs icon_eek.gif yesterday too...Got back to 7 empty hooks..

Really had a nice weekend with the Mrs though,,her first trip to this lake and this cabin we've been going to for close to ten years..Even after all the trouble she said she'd go back..

Did learn a couple things this weekend too..

1.My big arse inboard boat will launch in 2.7' of water.
2.Watching giant spiders have their way with mayflies caught in their web is quite entertaining.
3.A scorpion in the shower produces a never before heard sound from Mrs Rad.
4.Im not the only one who has seen the elusive Black Panther of Haskell creek..Two of the four times I drove by the sighting area 2 different family's were there taking pictures of said panther...Well 3 if you count me.................View attachment 3

Attachments

• DSCN2858.JPG
    DSCN2858.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 30

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you had a fun trip in spite of the fishing and flat tire.

Is that someones house cat? :p

Jig Man

Great story... You should write a book.;) Looking forward to the whole nuther story... I am glad that you and mrs. rad had a big time together and made it home safe. Trips like this don't need to be measured in #'s caught. :bigfish: but time spent together. Wish my bride would still go. But dangit... Jug fishin what is wtex gonna say about that LOL.....

Radtexan

AtticaFish said:
Glad you had a fun trip in spite of the fishing and flat tire.

Is that someones house cat? :p

No,, some smart arse rancher put a full size statue at the edge of one of his pastures...just a coupe hundred yards off one of the roads down too the lake...She's fooled alot of folks the last year or so..But not the really bright one's.

We really laughed more last night than we have in a long time... and....:cool:

Back