Hey guys that fish dirty water!

quivira kid

Try this color combo out some time.... It saved me, yet again, from a skunk. Granted, it's a dink, but it's something! I couldn't even find bluegills today.

7d80a8e793b520ec4ecf9aad65104988.jpg

Pink head, black body, blue tail. It has become one of my top 3 jig color combinations. 9 times out of 10, it comes through for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kdog

Looks good and thanks for sharing. Dark water - Dark jigs but I do like a bit of contrast just in case some light does make it to the depths.

reefmo

Man, it seems so anti-logical to me that dark water = dark jigs. I would think the opposite.

Nice jig, and anything is better than a skunk.

Reefmo

AllenOK

I just might have to try this! I think my home might still be muddy from the rains over a week ago. I'll have to go out there and see :)

Heck, I just realized I even have some 1/32 ball heads painted pink right now. I might just tie some up in the morning before I go!

AllenOK

Ok, tied up three today. 1/32nd ball heads w/o collar, fl. pink PP, Black/Pearl New Age chenille, Peacock Blue marabou.

View attachment 5

Thank you, Zac! I'm getting ready to head to my home lake and see if anything will nibble.

Attachments

• 20150406PinkBlackBlue.JPG
    20150406PinkBlackBlue.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 23

AllenOK

Unfortunately, no Crappie were caught today. I even used live minnows, tipped that jig with a live minnow, and went with the Electric Chicken that's been my stand-by for several weeks now. Nothing! My home lake has risen about 4 1/2 ft, and still needs another 5 1/2 ft to reach normal pool. However, with all the weed growth last year on the exposed lake bed, the shoreline is now "in the weeds", and odds are, so are the Crappie.

Back