Hey Attica - Look what I found!!!!!!!!!!

Fatman

Hey Buddy

I bought a three tray tackle box at the flea market this weekend and lo and behold looky what I found inside!!!!!!!!! It looks like a homemade bobbin and if the tube was bigger it would be perfect for chenille!!!!!!!

Here's some pics

100_1029.jpg

Taken apart - only a few pieces

100_1030.jpg

This piece was hard to photo - it almost looks like a part from a spinning reel bail but the inner hole is threaded to fit on the frame and hold it on

100_1031.jpg

Here's the threaded part of the bottom

100_1034.jpg

Looks like someone really knows how to solder well, it's really light but the tube is too small for chenille, I got to think on how to make more of these - maybe buy some old metal tip bobbins with the big holes and figure out how to solder one on

Fatman

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
That is pretty sweet looking! giving me food for thought, thinking the single 'arm' style bobbin would be a good option to lessen the weight of my own creation. Next trip out to ACE i am going to have to look around for some springs. i can get the threaded rods no problem from wor....i mean a certain source. I would have to work on my solder skills to have such clean seams! haha

you conld convert that one fairly easy if you can find a metal tube to accomadate chenille. Just stack it on top of the other tube and solder it on! :cool:

Fatman

That's what I was thinking LOL, but right now can't play with stuff like that or soldering guns LOL. It's really lightweight, I'd love to have about 10-12 of them. The one photo I took of the part that looks like part of a spinning reel bail actually threads on the bottom of it.

The two yellowish pieces actually look like part of a fiberglass fishing rod, and the small one slides inside the bigger piece. Now the spools are gonna be a pain in the butt, but if you have a lathe or know someone who does you could have them made to fit it.

Have fun with it.

Fatman

toadfrog

Got any AMISH in your part of the country. Bet they can fix you up with wood bobbins.

jjsjigs

Banned
I've got Amish.. or Mennonite? or Quaker Friends? Can't tell the diff between them. However, starting next week I will be in the EPICENTER of all things Amish. Lancaster, PA. There are about 10 Amish woodworking shops down there and about 189,000 amish quilting and sewing shop. Attica, I will be looking for a suitable bobbin tube for you!!!

jjsjigs

Banned
I've got Amish.. or Mennonite? or Quaker Friends? Can't tell the diff between them. However, starting next week I will be in the EPICENTER of all things Amish. Lancaster, PA. There are about 10 Amish woodworking shops down there and about 189,000 amish quilting and sewing shop. Attica, I will be looking for a suitable bobbin tube for you!!!

Back