Hey Atica...

Jig Man

... you heard anything from our ole bud on the left coats? Was out tying some jigs earlier and was thinking how nice it is to be able to have an enormous amount of bobbins and threads laying around. He made it happen and I really appreciate it, hope he is well.

A few spinner heads from someone else, that I see visited the other day and I hope he is well too. and I am running low, HINT, HINT!

View attachment 1

Attachments

• IMG_1751 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_1751 (800x600).jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 1

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Mel - good to hear from you! Honestly, i have not heard much from anyone on here for a while. Feels like the site kinda went belly up. I talk to Lost Pole down South through text messages. The 2 of us are going to have to meet in the middle someday and see what trouble we can get into. I also keep in touch with Hawnjigs pretty regularly and shoot the sh!t about fishing. I have not talked to LedHed in probably over a year i would guess. A whole lot of people just seemed to have up and disappeared.

Not really sure what to do about the site at this point. This year, towards the end of March, the site will have been up and running for 10 years. With the rate of posts we have now, i just don't think it is worth renewing for another year. I have everything backed up that i could archive things...... but not sure what to do with it all. Do you want to take it over? haha

Hope all is well for you out in TX. Kinda stuck in between seasons here with cold temp but just not cold enough to keep ice on the lakes to walk on water. I did take a trip 5 hours North into MI a couple weeks ago to scratch my ice fishing itch. Turned out to be a pretty fun trip and even thinking i might head back up once more before the end of the season.

Jig Man

Yea, back when the problems started with the web site seems like when most folks cut and ran. Lots of good information here to see it go by the wayside, but I understand the sites aren't cheep. Its nice not having them, but advertisements would be tolerable to keep it going, but that is extra work too.  The boys down this way are doing other things. Wtex retired and started building rods, so he hangs around those places more. Not sure about Heath, haven't seen him around in awhile. Roger got sick last year, he was able to do a jig swap on another forum with me last winter, but he has slowed down. Robert and I are going to try and take him fishing this spring when it warms up some, but we shall see.
Anyway, I got hunting season out of the way, now I'm getting things ready to start fishing. I may hit it Sunday for awhile... we shall see. Man ten years goes by fast, seems like yesterday we found out about my bride having cancer and naming a jig in her honor... That was eight years ago this month. Well, I'll be checking in on you boys on these cold winter nights and chew the fat... Peace Mel <><

Back