Hesperia California Aqueduct 2/14/13

jig-guy

Went to duct between Maple Av & Cottonwood Av this afternoon for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Through 3/4 oz. style 9 shad jig heads painted glow white + Blue 3D eyes and 5" swimbaits Pearl. No bites and what was nice no moss in the duct, 18 degree temps killed it. Today sunny & warm with a little wind. I have not been out for a while because I have been going to therapy for my shoulder & neck. My shoulder felt good enough to go give it a shot so I went out. The skunk is not good but at least I was out there doing my thing. I am looking for my next double diget striper "DD".
DD around here is for double digit stripers out of the California concrete river.
I pour my own lead jigs and pour my own plastic baits. It is cool when you catch something on you own stuff.

Jig Man

Glad your feelin better. A bad day of fishin is way better than a good day of hurtin... Thats kinda like sayin happily married! :D

Hawnjigs

KISS
Wow, thought Hesperia must be in the SanFran watershed, but Google shows it east of the L.A. hills! Can you maybe post a picture of the concrete striper "grounds"?

jig-guy

The duct here in the Hesperia area is the last stretch of concrete river before Lake Silverwood Ca.
I will take a couple pictures the next time I go and post them. Right shoulder, neck & arm are not doing to good today but mabe next week I will give it a go again. Thank you for your interest:)!
Bill

Hawnjigs said:
Wow, thought Hesperia must be in the SanFran watershed, but Google shows it east of the L.A. hills! Can you maybe post a picture of the concrete striper "grounds"?

Hawnjigs

KISS
Yeah, takes time for the body to manage cervical nerve issues. Mostly OK now, with the occasional flareup. Rest seems to be the best therapy.

When I think CA aqueduct "Terminator 2" comes to mind. Your channels must be smaller like the ones I've seen inland of LA from the air, and its amazing those could have ANY fish, let alone DD stripers! Really interested in how they look from an angler's perspective.

jig-guy

Hi gang, arm - shoulder & neck still out of order! I do not know if I will be out throughing my jigs & swimbaits soon or ever. I will in the near future go out and take a couple pictures since you asked for them. I am kind of angry at my old body since I can't toss my jigs & swimbaits. Anyway this is an update from old 72 year old jig-guy.:beat-up:

jig-guy said:
The duct here in the Hesperia area is the last stretch of concrete river before Lake Silverwood Ca.
I will take a couple pictures the next time I go and post them. Right shoulder, neck & arm are not doing to good today but mabe next week I will give it a go again. Thank you for your interest:)!
Bill

Hawnjigs said:

redman

Might try to stretch before you do any of that casting. Remember when I was in my 40's I had trouble with my shoulder when I would cast for three hours at a time. Don't think I could do it today and I am a lot younger than you by nine years.Take care my friend. You only get one body.

Redman

Hawnjigs

KISS
Thanks for updating, Jig-guy. Hope your body sorts out the pain sooner than later so you can post some concrete striper adventures.

Alva06

jig-guy said:
Went to duct between Maple Av & Cottonwood Av this afternoon for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Through 3/4 oz. style 9 shad jig heads painted glow white + Blue 3D eyes and 5" swimbaits Pearl. No bites and what was nice no moss in the duct, 18 degree temps killed it. Today sunny & warm with a little wind. I have not been out for a while because I have been going to therapy for my shoulder & neck. My shoulder felt good enough to go give it a shot so I went out. The skunk is not good but at least I was out there doing my thing. I am looking for my next double diget striper "DD".
DD around here is for double digit stripers out of the California concrete river.
I pour my own lead jigs and pour my own plastic baits. It is cool when you catch something on you own stuff.

Hey just moved to vv. Was looking for a spot to check out for my first duct trip. Not asking for the goods... Just point me in the right direction of where is legal and accessible please. Thanks

hookup

Thx for posting.

I use to fish the CA aquaducts & flood abatement canals. Good memories.

Back