Heres some Trash I poured last night.

Capt_Rodney

Whwn I say trash its left over pieces from previous pours colors and glitters will vary batch to batch since its trims and left overs from other pours this was last nights results not bad looking colors.

bait11.jpg

bait1a.jpg

bait1b.jpg

bait1c.jpg

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Radtexan said:
You can dump you "trash" over here anytime !!!!

Ya beat me to it RadT, was thinking the same thing. I have paid a bunch of money over the years for "trash" of close to that very color, even searched it out. ;)

cadman

Question for you guys. I have a lot of Strike King "Rage Tail" broken up chunks. Can I re-melt these and pour new baits with these? Mind you I have never poured plastic, however I just hate to throw all the half damaged baits away. Thanks for any input.

flatsrat76

cadman said:
Question for you guys. I have a lot of Strike King "Rage Tail" broken up chunks. Can I re-melt these and pour new baits with these? Mind you I have never poured plastic, however I just hate to throw all the half damaged baits away. Thanks for any input.

Hey cad
I think you can but add a little bit of heat stabilizer when using remelts.

cadman

flatsrat76 said:
cadman said:

Hey cad

Hate to be annoying, but what is heat stabilizer and where do I get this stuff. Maybe this is not worth it if I have to invest a lot just to re-melt.:dodgy::dodgy:

flatsrat76

cadman said:
flatsrat76 said:
cadman said:

Hey cad

Hate to be annoying, but what is heat stabilizer and where do I get this stuff. Maybe this is not worth it if I have to invest a lot just to re-melt.:dodgy::dodgy:
Its cheap, Check it out

http://www.lurecraft.com/catalog.cfm/plastic-products/plastic-additives/heat-stabilizer,-4-oz.:403

Capt_Rodney

I get heat stabilizer from bears baits you can reheat some baits I usually start fresh or reuse my left overs rather than keep tore baits but it could save you some $$

Jiggin Joe

be careful cad if the plastic has moisture in it from being used it can get ugly when melted. But yeah i remelt plastics all the time some with scents added smoke way to much and arent worth the problems but most do fine.

JJ

Capt_Rodney

You can also add a cup of clen plastisol the add the scraps but if you have any moisture on or in the old plastics I would throw them away.

cadman

Thanks for all the input guys, I will have to see if this is worth my while. With all the jigs I pour, I don't want to buy more supplies and start a new hobby.

Back