Help us , Help you

CrappieHappy

Guys, going forward, if you have a few jig combo's you are going to post, please post the combo's in one thread instead of a thread for each combo. This will help us keep the database more organized, and reduce the number of results when a forum search is performed, thus improving database performance.

to keep it simple, you could post a few pics, and just state the color combo like the example below....

FireTiger:

255-E92C6823DE19-5301-000004A6CFEC3F0C_zps9683c201.jpg

Slab Stik'R Minnows:

5B5-F1EEB01D45B7-5301-000004A6C1FFB6DE_zpsceee8d7d.jpg

Fatman

Happy it only kind of works for searching when you combine them. Went out of the thread and did a search for Fire tiger - This thread didn't even show up in the search list!! Searching Slab Stik'R Minnows - it did.

50/50 chance of finding what you're looking for - not good odds!!!

CrappieHappy

Doug, not sure how you searched, but it shows correctly for me. I only searched the jig pics section for this picture, and it shows:

Firetigersearch_zps2b09883f.jpg

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Keeping them grouped together also does help to keep things from getting buried and keep track of somewhat of a chronological order for the next time we stop back. :icon14:

The search feature has a general filter for how you want to search - entire post or title only - and it works pretty well most of the time. Can filter it out even better with picking specific boards or users to search by. I use 'search by user' pretty frequently because i can remember some of the text and who posted but not the specific name of the thread. I seldom search by thread titles.

Makes it even more confusing when people post their own pics under a thread started by someone else...... unless they ask to see a pattern that is. ;)

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
I totally agree about putting multiple pics in a thread for most circumstances! With more ppl joining the site the thread posts are increasing and many of them are getting lost. I never look on the second page when I click on today's posts.

CrappieHappy

Yes Ron, I am trying to think ahead about performance etc. If a user has a few combos that they are going to post in the Jig pics section on any given day, just create a thread with multiple combo pics in the thread. If in the next couple of days, they want to post more pics, start a new thread with multiple pics, or a single pic if only showing that one combo. Just trying to help reduce database fatigue, and improve the user, and database performance.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Instead of searching for the daily posts, you can use the Portal page in the upper right menu list... can also use it without being logged in and has the search feature right on the page. I shows a lot of the most recent posts down the left.

Ron Don said:
...I never look on the second page when I click on today's posts....

crappiecripplerjigs

Sounds to me like CrappieHappy has turned into our good buddy SKIP. LOL!! Just kidding. Seriously, just kidding.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Better watch your self crippler...... we will start censoring posts..... ONLY yours! haha!

crappiecripplerjigs

I vow to be on my best behavior gentlemen. Unless it is friday and I am under the influence! Have a great weekend all!

Back