Help - Need idea for a jig

Team Goob Gomer

Looking for an idea for a jig recipe. I have 50 "perch eye" jig heads painted in 5 colors. All have an eye painted in one side. FYI - If you don't know, a "perch eye" is a 1/64 oz. flatted leadhead like a pancake on a hook. I want ideas on how to finish dressin' these jigheads out. I've already tied 50 with 4 rubber legs & a few strands of crystal flash out the back. Any ideas on what to do with the other 50 I have?

percheyes.jpg
[/img]

Gomer

hhawkins

Give a crosscut rabbit zonker a try. Tye your zonker right at the bend of the hook and wrap the zonker around the hook and tye off at the head. Twist a hackle right at the head. Or you can use a palmer chenille and wrap it around the hook to the head.

toadfrog

Little rat tail grubs or a puddle bug . Tie with black chenille ,little white rubber legs out the side white marabou tail , not to heavy on the marabou ought to do the trick.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I have tied them a bunch of different ways but the best thing i have come up with is to palmer wrap a single hackle feather just below the lead head.... and tip with a waxie ...mor meat than those darn maggots! haha!!!!! :p

Do it similar to this but stop at step #3 and tie it off without wrapping and laying down the hackle to the back. Link - Tube Jig Hackle

Back