169.6 KB · Views: 121
  • Hair-Jig 04.jpg
    Hair-Jig 04.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Hair-Jig 05.jpg
    Hair-Jig 05.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 120

Kdog

Welcome to the forum... Interesting looking and nicely done jigs. And just letting you know, the "English" on this site would not meet my High School English teachers parameters for accurate and proper English. If people have questions, they will ask for clarification.

Hawnjigs

KISS
You appear to be a crossover fly tier?

I like the hump on the caterpillar tie - is there a wire core to create the shape? Does it improve the action?

We've got some mad scientists on board, but your second jig appears to raise the bar on extreme. Could you explain the design function and how well it works?

Fatman

Welcome aboard!! Love the catepiller tie!! but have never done one that long before. Also love the second one - is that using a dubbing loop???

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome and glad to see you post! Great introduction and outstanding looking jigs. We do have another member from Northern Germany as well.

The material on that 2nd jig looks like Senyos Shaggy Dubbing. Letting that crawl across the bottom would make all those little legs kick and move like crazy. :cool: :jig:

Bucho

Welcome Mike! Always nice to see proper hair jig crafting on this side of the pond.

They look pretty small, rather panfish size, what do you target with them?

hookup

Das is gut. Sehr gut.

What part of Germany? I lived in Ashaffenburg for years while Dad was in Nam & Korea.

Moselbarsch

At first:Thanks to all for the nice welcome!!!

Well, I am living in south Germany, near Trier. Directly behind my garden is a big river (Moselle).
I love lure fishing (softbaits like rubber-jigs, hardbaits like twitchbaits, ...) since I am 18 years old (now I am 41). Mostly I fish for perch, trout and chub.
But fishing with hair jigs is really unknown in Germany - so I ordered some fly tying material on Ebay maybe 4 weeks ago and started with this project. I have never tied a jig or a fly before - the jigs I have posted are my very first ones. Because I have found no tutorials for jig tying in Germany, "I just did something" and I am really glad for the positive feedback now...(many thanks).

Moselbarsch

Hawnjigs said:
You appear to be a crossover fly tier?

I like the hump on the caterpillar tie - is there a wire core to create the shape? Does it improve the action?

We've got some mad scientists on board, but your second jig appears to raise the bar on extreme. Could you explain the design function and how well it works?

Thanks, this is my first work - I have never tied a fly or jig before...

No, there is no wire core - I just made the hump on the caterpillar for the picture. The body moves a little in the water...

Thanks again, well, I have used Senyos Shaggy Dubbing for the body and synthetic hair with crystal flash for the tail. This jig works very well for our perch (twitched).

Moselbarsch

Fatman said:
Welcome aboard!! Love the catepiller tie!! but have never done one that long before. Also love the second one - is that using a dubbing loop???

Thank you very much, yes, I have used Senyos Shaggy Dubbing in a dubbing loop.

Moselbarsch

Bucho said:
Welcome Mike! Always nice to see proper hair jig crafting on this side of the pond.

They look pretty small, rather panfish size, what do you target with them?

Thank you!

Perch and chub.

Moselbarsch

I am as of tomorrow on vacation and make a fishing trip through Germany. So I am back here in 10 days.

davidriley

Welcome Mike. I am sure you will enjoy this forum and learn a lot. I certainly have in the short time I have been a member.

I am very impressed with your jig flies. Thank you for showing us. That Senyo's Shaggy Dub looks good. I am pleased to learn that you also fish for perch, chub and trout, as I do and look forward to seeing many more of your tyings.

Enjoy your fishing holiday

David

Pepop

MAN! You're going to fit right in here! Those ties are amazing! I just tie jigs for crappie and they're not very smart so my tie's don't have to be that great. Anyway, Welcome from East Texas!

Back