Hello again, and another question

dbeam

Hello Guys, I am back like the no count brother-in-law that only show up when he needs something.  I did check in on this page to wish all of the new members greetings from NC, but there are so many new ones since I checked last that I would like to do it now.  Any info or help that I can offer anyone in the western half of NC just ask.

I also want to thank everyone that tied jigs for the pan-fish jig swap again. I have had a couple of great days on white perch, bream, and some mountain trout on those jigs.

Along the lines of trout fishing, I was preparing to make up some trout spinners and discovered that i am painfully short on my Swiss Swing type blades (#1 and #2 in gold).  The searches i have made has turned up bigger ones but none in that size in gold.  It may just be in my head but I don't think a willow blade turns nearly as well.  I use inline blades for smallies, and white perch but for some reason in the clear mountain water the swing blade works best for me.

Any ideas of where I can find some will be appreciated. 

Thanks
Darrell

Fatman

I've been making spinners since the 1980's and I like swing blades also (ripple blades too!!)  You can contact the Worth company - don't know if they'll sell direct to you, http://lurecomponents.worthco.com/products/spinner-blades/swing/smooth  they also have them in hammered finish.  

They have them in size 1 and 2 - but in gold you have to call direct for a quote.  They won't be cheap.

dbeam

Thanks fatman.   I found Worth earlier, but they have a 500 qty. min.  I did find some on ebay that didn't come up on my first search, or I missed them while weeding thru the other stuff that show up with an Ebay search.   ------- http://stores.ebay.com/rockislandcustomrigsandjigs/  ------

They also have what looks like a good selection of other stuff and the shipping is free if you mix/match 10 items.   I am going to give them a try.   I am not in as big of a hurry as it may have seemed, I get tackle nervous when I can see the color bottom of the tray showing through the lures. (Confessions of a tackle hound)

Thanks again
Darrell

dbeam

Thanks fatman.   I found Worth earlier, but they have a 500 qty. min.  I did find some on ebay that didn't come up on my first search, or I missed them while weeding thru the other stuff that show up with an Ebay search.   ------- http://stores.ebay.com/rockislandcustomrigsandjigs/  ------

They also have what looks like a good selection of other stuff and the shipping is free if you mix/match 10 items.   I am going to give them a try.   I am not in as big of a hurry as it may have seemed, I get tackle nervous when I can see the color bottom of the tray showing through the lures. (Confessions of a tackle hound)

Thanks again
Darrell

Jig Man

You gotta love this place, so many willing to share their knowledge... Merry Christmas guys.

Back