Hawnook

flatsrat76

Went to the Pass late today using hawnjigs/Keith's lead free jigs and caught 5 Snook 2 Trout and a big Pompano all in about 45 minutes on the same Bait :P I did lose 2 big fish but it was still fun:D

100_1258.jpg

100_1259.jpg

Flatsrat76

Hawnjigs

KISS
That has gotta be one of the most productive spots on the planet! Nookie must up the fun factor considerably. Those look over slot size? Did the 2 lost break the line?

That paddle tail bait sure is producing - is it the same one that caught the redfish?

flatsrat76

Thanks guys
I was using my light 8# mono Pompano rod with a 40# leader and they were trying to run me under the barge about 75 yards away to cut me off
Hawn the 2 that I lost went airborne on me and tossed the bait and the fish in the pics were over slot but season is closed until further notice. The head and tail are the same as I used for the Reds, I might put on a new tail today =)

Hawnjigs

KISS
I haven't caught one either, but guessing beasts that size would take me 10 minutes at least to get back 75 yds. on 8#. Do snook lose their spunk after the run & jumps?

The gill plates are interesting.

"The head and tail are the same as I used for the Reds, I might put on a new tail today =)"
Care to share the bait ID? Aside from AF, you're not likely to see any of us moving in on your turf.

Hawnjigs

KISS
I've used quite a few types of wedgetail plastics, but the 3" Soft Sardine with the fins is the best I've seen for my applications! Whats the difference between the Opening Night and Pinfish colors? Pricey but I think I'll get some.

flatsrat76

Back