Had The Stuff On Hand

JSC

I had these jig heads that needed something done to them so I made up one of my old favorites before we started using rubber/silcon skirts ... 1/4 & 3/8 oz powder painted, wire weed guard, 4/0 EC Gold Aberdeen Hook and all tied with FisHair. 70+ ... Am working on some 3/4 oz "Google Eye" with FisHair and Mustad 3/0 Oshaunessy Plated Hooks.
(A little over 70 of them)

View attachment 9

Attachments

• BHWHAIR.jpg
    BHWHAIR.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 100

toadfrog

Thanks JSC been a long time since I saw those . You have a knack for giving me flash backs of times with my ole gramps . He always spit tobacco juice on everything he threw in the water .

SaltyBuckster

I got some of that Fish Hair from Do It with a a mold that I had ordered,it may be good for saltwatwer,but the stuff that I had was like tying on a couple pieces of yarn.Did'nt really care for it.

redman

Jim they look good. I Have a pattern that I tie with fishair. I bought a pound of it back in the late 1980's and have been using it ever since and doubt that I will ever run out.

I bet that there are going to be a few Big Florida strain of Big Largemouth Bass in your future. Bet that the Blue with the Chartreuse will be the best of the lot. IMHO.

Redman

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Beautiful work JSC! Those have to be killer cathing jigs. As for which color combo would be the winner in my books....... split decision in my head between the silver head/brown tail and the green glitter head/white tail.

JSC

Thanx for the Hi 5's guys ... I used this with a short plastic paddle tail or uncle josh pork frog.
---------------------------
"I got some of that Fish Hair from Do It with a a mold that I had ordered,it may be good for saltwatwer,but the stuff that I had was like tying on a couple pieces of yarn.Did'nt really care for it. SB"

The stifness depends on the delinaer that you get .. sounds like you got some of the large ...
TF I get these "Flash Backs" all the time .. some thing about gettin older (but not old) .. =:^)

Pup

Those are beautiful jigs JSC. :cool:

I'd bet that you'd tie an excellent preacher-style jig (think Tom Mann's).

JSC

"I'd bet that you'd tie an excellent preacher-style jig (think Tom Mann's)."

That "Preacher Jig" is in the back of my mind and I can't bring it to the front so I can see it.
Tom made a lot of different jigs back in the old days fact that is what he got started with in
the lure makin biz. I asked him one time if he could make any money tying them himself and I got
a good grin and said he would starve to death but he was happy to have some good jig tiers (tyers?)

You gotta refresh me on that one "Pup"

JSC

Thanx FM .. Will look it up ..

By the way Tom stopped by to see me one day and was carving out of a slug of lead the first proto type of lil george (named after George Wallace who was Govenor at that time)... thats been several years ago ..

JSC

Hey FM
I looked it up Manns Web Site ... I was not sure if they were still doing anything with tied jigs , but I do remember the name of this one. Looks like they may be using FisHair on this one as well. At one time he had one of the largest slection of tied jigs to be found ... I know they dropped several as teh profit was just not there for them ... The influx of imports in the late 70's and into the 80's really put the "Hurt" on the jig business.

Pup

JSC,

Here's a photo of the Preacher Jig. It's the one on the bottom. I tried to come up with something similar in style and profile with craft fur, yet different, that's located above it.

rwprjig009.jpg

Pup

Thanks Guys. :)

FM,

Not sure of which one you are asking about. Mine is tied on a tube insert head (1/4-oz.) with a 60 degree line tie. The Preacher Jig has a teardrop jig head weighing either side of 5/8 of an ounce.

Back