Guesstimate value?

CrappieHappy

I was curious what value a Ament b862 jig head mold has? Also a Palmer 401 sinker mold. I have not seen them in person, but the pics look good.

Thanks for any assistance.

LedHed

Sponsor
Unless they have been worked they will pour with lots of flashing.

If you collect Ament go for the custom single cavity.

Palmer has a percission mold - they have a 4 digit model number

Fatman

If you even THINK about buying to pour you want pictures inside and out, and around the handles both sides. You want close ups if it even looks weird only get it for collecting.

I've seen some that I thought of buying and you could see where it had been brazed because it had been cracked.

I've got an old Palmer sinker mold that pours GREAT, only problem now is here in Vermont can use a lead sinker less than 1/2 ounce or it's got to be non-lead.

redman

Have to agree with LedHed.I am no expert but they can be picked up all over the mid-west for between $8 and 10 bucks. Most of his muti cavity mold were for the masses. The custom mold were a joy and were very precision. You get one of his single cavity molds and there will be no flash. I am lucky I have two.

Redman

JSC

Ditto .. LedHed and Redman.
I have both "Stock Models" & a "Bunch" of custom ones by Ament.
----
I have a bunch of cast alum. molds for pouring plastic that he custom made for me
(see the Shrimp Tail & the Jig Head .. Scoot A Jig ... in the Pix I posted today under Great PM)

:)

Love this older "Stuff" ... course I am not old just gettin older. :)

Back