Grey ghost

Jighead76

1/16 walleye jighead with a #4 black chrome sickle hook. painted with a custom blue grey and pearl bottom with a halographic clear coat. Solid black 4mm eyes.

Thread is veevus 6/0 black

First layer is polar ice angel hair.
Then 2 white saddle hackle feathers on eather side.
6 silver Krystal flash pieces
2 silver tinsel pieces on each side.

Forgot the name of the chinelle but ordered it from grandpa bobs.
(Not advertising, Expecally since he has $160 worth of my money from over a year ago)

Sally hansens hard as nails

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 159

plateboater

Nice looking....like the head paint! How do you like the 6/0...I seem a little tuff with the tugging! Break much? I either use 3/0 for thread or 4lb test for most other ties

Jighead76

I like that veevus 6/0 because I read somewhere that it's way stronger than the uni or Danville thread and I can tell it's stronger. I like to put a half hitch to finish my jigs and tug it tight to break the string. It's almost impossible to do with veevus . It is alittle pricy though, $3. I even got some 10/0 that works good on tying just feathers where you don't have to tug hard. Guess it's just a preference cause I like the way it looks but I do have my share of the broken threads.

JUNGLEJIM1

Nice one, good bait color for clearer water. Have you ever tried ultra thread? I've been using it for over 15 years and have been happy with the results. You could get three 100 yard spools for the price of two. The 140 is same denier as the 6/0, never broke that size yet, only the 70 when I get careless and hit the hook point a couple times.

Jighead76

JUNGLEJIM1 said:
Nice one, good bait color for clearer water. Have you ever tried ultra thread? I've been using it for over 15 years and have been happy with the results. You could get three 100 yard spools for the price of two. The 140 is same denier as the 6/0, never broke that size yet, only the 70 when I get careless and hit the hook point a couple times.

I'll have to give it a shot. I will be stopping in at feather craft later in the week to get a few things I don't want to wait on in the mail for. I used to use the thinnest smallest thread I could get away with because I liked the way it looked but as I learn more I've went up in sizes. Way tighter wraps. Thanks for the comments. I've been stuck on a hackle kick, though sometimes I put so much other stuff on them you can hardly see the hackle.

Back