Green trout

Squeakyboatcaptain

Caught a couple of these while Crappie fishing....quite a fight on an ultralight rig.
1334091197.jpg
They seemed to bedding up too, along with the gars and carp and crappie.
Caught quite a few crappie, all but 6 were short of the mark.
Had o good morning....the red tailed minner was the choice for the day...worked great!!

JUNGLEJIM1

Nice bass, sounds like you had a great day. Were you fishing Lake Fork? That spot's loaded with stumps,plenty of places for fish to hide.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Wow! Did any break you off?

Do you eat bass? According to older than dirt JiggerJohn back in the day largies were considered prime table fare. He sent me published photos of bass fishing great and tackle mfg. Tom Mann with stringers of BIG bass that exceeded my lifetime catch weight. Well, OK, I'm not the best bass angler...

ScottV

Way to go Jerry, beats riding on that boat, don't it? LM bass eat pretty good. I'll keep and eat the ones under 2 lbs. The bigger ones I release.

Fatman

Looks like a great day on the water!!!!!! Fish tugging no matter what kind is better than none. Bass aren't bad the smaller ones are better. Glad you had a great day!!!!!!!

Squeakyboatcaptain

He was in the slot, and had to go back in to the lake..... slot is 16" to 24" in Fork. It was fun to catch, and I broke off on another one that got wrapped up in a stump. It was a good day.....Just wanted more table fare....I only have one bag of Crappie filets in the freezer.

Doc Crappie

Banned
stanger1944 said:
On ultralight that had to take a minute to get in. Nice one.

At least 2 or 3 and them things taste pretty good early in the year before the water temp goes up, after that they are still ok, but nothing beats some good yellow perch..... yum

Back