Great multi-species day

NorCoMike

Finally had a few minutes to fish yesterday between work and the terrible rain storms we are getting. Was throwing a 1/32 oz jig with a #6 hook. The jig was nothing fancy just a black zonker palmered around the shank and tied off with an orange thread neck. It was just the ticket yesterday though ended up catching bluegills, crappie, rainbow trout, largemouth bass, and walleye. Its just amazing to me that one little jig can catch all these fish. Some of them were good size the walleye went 20 inches!

Attachments

• walleye.jpg
    walleye.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 104
  • bass.jpg
    bass.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 103
  • crappie.jpg
    crappie.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 104

fishhunter775

Future Sponsor
Sounds like a great trip with lots of good eating to boot. Always amazes me too as to all the different fish you can get on the same jigs sometimes.

davidriley

Excellent fishing. :icon14::icon14:
I do envy you guys as you have some superb fishing. One thing though I have learned from this forum is to fish with lighter jigs. I am even planning to get my 13' float rod out! People will think I have gone mad when they see me by the canal float fishing a jig! Let's hope they think different when I start to catch! We shall see.

David

Hawnjigs

KISS
Great day no kidding - exceptional walleye for Front Range daytime, particularly from shore, & nice bass too!

This might be a time of year limited window for close to shore wallys - got my first two in NE yesterday walking the Mac on skimpy tie 1/8 skrat & black wool jigs. I've upsized for local conditions, but a similar epic Lon Hagler 1/32 session courtesy of JiggerJohn switched me from plastics to ties.

No missed hookset problem?

Back