Granda Bob AWOL

Kdog

I've been a loyal customer of Grandpa Bobs since I started tying jigs and have had a few giccups but usually got decent customer service. However, this go round I'm not sure. I placed a $126 dollar order a couple weeks back and was suprised that is had not shipped after a week, Sent an email.... No response to date. Have tried calling 5 days in a row after 5pm usually around 6pm and all I get is an answereing machine.

Does anyone know if he got swallowed by one of those north central Ohio Blizzards?

This is the first time I've gotten zilch when trying to contact him but am very frustrated. The prices are excellent but...... so is hamburger at 69 cents a pound except he is always out of it. My current order I shopped around and the closest competitor was 70 dollars more so I am somewhat lenient. The last few weeks are ideal tying conditions as I do not like sub zero fishing and do not trust 3-5 inches of snow covered ice. I'm almost out of hooks and many materials that I want to tie have been depleted. So a resupply was necessary and should have been in my hands.

papaperch

We have had some bad weather here lately . But nothing that would warrant that kind of delay. I agree that his prices are good. But his service and excuses grow old fast. I don't even bother going to his web page anymore.

Kdog

Hes 300 miles away or I'd take a little drive. Opposite end of the state don't ya know

Fatman

Sorry to hear Kdog - After my first go round with him I paid extra else where. I agree his prices are really good but that's too long to wait.

Kdog

Just got off the phone with Bob, My order is shipping tomorrow. Says he was out of the #10 hook but everything else is packed and waiting for him to count out 500 hooks. Not holding my breath. But.... He claims his sickle hooks are now eagle claw lil nasties so I may end up with a bunch of them. Now to figure out how to convince my die hard sickle fans that lil nasties are just as good.

Kdog

I got my tracking # yesterday and should have my package tomorrow. Really interested in seeing if his sickle gooks are really lil nasty's

Kdog

Other than the fact the size hook that caused the delay (I wish he would have sent me note) I was planning on sickles so I hope I like them as well. Of course, I would have ordered lil nastys for his price. I will say that if you want to buy from him, you probably be best off calling your order in.

fishhunter775

Future Sponsor
Kdog guess Im a little confused, why is he selling Matzuo but shipping Eagle Claws? That is kinda like false advertising in my opinion. But if your happy guess that's all that counts.

Kdog

fishhunter775 said:
Kdog guess Im a little confused, why is he selling Matzuo but shipping Eagle Claws? That is kinda like false advertising in my opinion. But if your happy guess that's all that counts.

Tim,
I do not know what his policy is, all I know is what he told me. He sells sickle hooks...does not put a brand on them. However, at his prices, the 4,000 hooks, some chenille and feathers I ordered saved me 60 dollars over the closest price anyone else has.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
He has to make his money somewhere........

Never ordered from him. I do not care how cheap the price if it takes weeks (and my own follow up emails) to show up at my door. I do not do business that way for my 'dayjob' or else no one would buy anything. Honestly do not get it.

Kdog

I got my order today.
The hooks are lil nastys.
With few exceptions, I get my order from him in 4-5 days knowing full well that there may be a delay, For me, the savings are worth the bit of aggravation. I just wish he would communicate better.

LedHed

Sponsor
Sure you will be happy with the ECs but that should be a choice - they ain't the same. Some people still want Matzuo's - I'm not one of them LOL.

Back