Gotta love the spawn on Pearl River

Lost Pole

The last four years............uggggghh.

View attachment 5

View attachment 6

View attachment 7

Looks like it's on to the swamp as usual.
Or maybe this baby cold weather will hold em off as Ron says. [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425597592.648120.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425597592.648120.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 84
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425597602.980842.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425597602.980842.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 84
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425597617.177815.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425597617.177815.jpg
    361.7 KB · Views: 83

Lost Pole

plateboater said:
How flooded are you? I see the bird feeder back towards the left side

I should be able to wade across that last pic with my nipples high n dry. Ain't happening.

Radtexan

I promise a little too much water is better than NO water. My mud hole is officially 0.0% of capacity

Went from 3000 acres to less than 300

Lost Pole

Radtexan said:
I promise a little too much water is better than NO water. My mud hole is officially 0.0% of capacity

Went from 3000 acres to less than 300

Not complaining. I always find them.
Ups n downs of a river system.
I sympathize with everyone's situation and try to explain it. Ifn I have to be short I don't reply.

You explain it. And I understand.

Some are short negative. . So be it.

I was born in New Mexico and most of my extended family still alive live in Texas. My grandma tells me stories of fishing "tanks" all the time.

If it's a matter of fact type reply bc it's easy to do, save the fingers.

..….………

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I'd be lost with all that dirty water fishing. Can you get craws out of that little mud puddle?

Amazing to think it is time for the fish to spawn when there is still 20" of ice covering most of the lakes here. Nice view.... from your porch?

Radtexan

Mel wasn't tryn to be short. He's just down the road from me and his lakes aren't much better than mine. We might be headed your way if this keeps up out here ;)

Lost Pole

We'll just disagree then Rog. I've been around a minute.
But yes, you and your bud are welcomed here all day any day.

Lost Pole

AtticaFish said:
I'd be lost with all that dirty water fishing. Can you get craws out of that little mud puddle?

Amazing to think it is time for the fish to spawn when there is still 20" of ice covering most of the lakes here. Nice view.... from your porch?

Bud, I'm trying to figure em out. Only been here a year. No mud bugs in trap lady year.

I'm lost every spring this happens.
20" of ice would make me loose a grip on reality. When I said I was not complaining, i can't. I can't think of a better place to live.

View is from porch, 9' raised from ground in the pic. It's a good morning scene

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Adam we had more ice cubes hittin the water this mornin so put wa wa temps probably dipped again. Temps next week look great but rain 6 out of 7 days not so good! Im ready to get back on the staging crappie.

Im sure youll find a mess... U always do.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Nah you wouldn't. You would have your self an auger and shorty ice rod. Trust me. It is as addicting (if not more) than trying to locate the fish in open water when you can only fish from the 8" holes you just put in the ice. Just takes a couple extra layers of clothes and a puckerd a-hole as you listen to the ice pop and sing and jump under your feet.

Lost Pole said:
...........20" of ice would make me loose a grip on reality........

As for the craws, sure wish i could get them fresh up here. Only had them twice fresh (caught and boiled myself when there was a boom period at my local reservoir) and WOW what a world of a difference from the ones we get 'pre-cooked' from the seafood counter at the grocery store. I'd prefer them FRESH over lobster cooked just about any way imaginable.

My wife would not complain about your climate, but i would have to fly north to walk on water in the winters. The addiction runs deep. Will say it again, nice view from the porch. Could sit there and drink a beer or 6 and get lost.

moswampy

with water up that high you should find plenty of slack areas to fish the spawning fish.

Here in NW Missouri we will be losing our hard water in the next week, I hope. Several days coming with temps in the 50-60 range and nights that do not go below freezing. Usually that is accompanied by winds in the 20 mph range and clear a lake quickly. I see the boat coming out of the garage soon here!!!!!

Best of luck lost pole

JSC

Gotta have that high water in a river system to raise and fatten fish .. Plenty of food washed in and uncovered.
But when you wanta go fishin it makes it tough .. I am at the mouth of the river here and got a little fishing in
Monday & Tuesday .. Monday in one of the hardest creeks around black creek . stayed out only a little while looked and felt like a good shower was on its way . only got 2 keeper size bass .... Tuesday I ventured out on the main river high/muddy/running strong .. went to a couple of my favorite lakes when it is this way the first one only 2 keeper size the next one 10 keeper size up to 3.5+ .. 2 throw back and lost 2 small ones on the jump. This lake the water on top was clear but down just a few feet (varied) was muddy water -- the warmer clear water was on top .. Throwing a 1/4 oz. spinner bait . Released all of them.
Most were buck Bass waiting for the sows to move in .. the largest was big "gutted" with row .. I don't think I would have done anything with crappie with that muddy water so did not throw a small jig at all.
High Water/Low Water both can give you headaches on catching them .. That's why they call it Fishin and not catchin.

:) Have A Great Day Yall

Back