Got Some Fox & Kip

duffy

Ordered some of the grab bag fox and also got some kip to try from Waters West. (thanks for the tip Fatman!) Tied a couple each just to test it out and like you all have said it really looks like it'll flow nicely and should hold up. But boy is it slippery and I think if you ever dropped a cut bunch you may as well forget about salvaging any of it. Will post some pics when I get some decent ones done up.

Fatman

Glad you're enjoying it. Kip tail can be slippery but if you put down a thread base it helps it stick on the hook better. If you get a thick collar with the arctic fox, just use a small comb to get some of the underfur out of the cut edge.

duffy

Got a couple done up. Top is kip and next two fox on 1/32 jigs. The purple fox was the last and I finally got the collar a little better on that one. These will go to my great niece and nephew to test out. Grandpa has been taking them out and the girl is showing great interest in fishing. The boy is pretty young yet but in another year I'll have two testers.

View attachment 4

Attachments

• kip-n-fox.jpg
    kip-n-fox.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 29

drdore

Those look good. I would like to add my thanks to Fatman for the great tip.

Back