Goofy experiment

toadfrog

I was playing around in the man cave when I decided to make this using a Do-it ultra minnow mold and a tube skirt mold . Why I do these things I don't know . Think it's my A.D.D. kicking in . The tail is hollow and the body is solid .
View attachment 6

Attachments

• Crappie Plastics hollow split tail 003.jpg
    Crappie Plastics hollow split tail 003.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 84

toadfrog

Does a little . Most people don't know it but fish aren't that fond of eating tadpoles. They will but if there is anything around to eat first they will go for that. I've seen perch suck one in and spit it right back out. After they get legs and almost completely loose their tails is when the fish take them. Makes me think for a while during the growing stage a tadpole may have a slightly nasty taste as a defense. Just a theory I formed as a kid. Spent a lot of time sitting on pond banks .

JSC

As a kid I tried using them for bait (Tadpoles that is) ... was a waste of time

TF did U have had another Nightmare ??

It will catch fish

JSC

toadfrog

Yes I had another midnight frenzy in the man cave. I gotta quit doing that . The little woman said that sneaking off to bars is more normal male behavior than holing up all hours of the night playing will plastics and chemical compsitions. Thinks I need addiction intervention. But we all know there is no cure for us.

sloedown

Don't be so quick to write it off...My favorite crappie jig is so ugly I have to keep it in a seperate jig box !!!!

toadfrog

Know what you mean . 90% of what I make is never put up for sale . I have enough tying stuff to last until I die . I'm mainly into experiments and doing things others won't want to mess with.

Back