Good Memories

flatsrat76

One of the best.....
100_1434_00.jpg

ragged edge

Those were the good ol days......Colorado non resident deer tag was a 175.00 and elk was 250.00. Wish those days would come back instead of memories.

StumpHunter

Good stuff. I would have never thought I would look back on those years as good o days but they were, just didn't know it at the time.

ScottV

Bet they don't have snook and red's up there do they? Looks like today is the good ol' days around Seminole. LOL

flatsrat76

ScottV said:
Bet they don't have snook and red's up there do they? Looks like today is the good ol' days around Seminole. LOL

No Reds or Snook but We chartered a pontoon plane to fly us to a island with a A-frame cabin with no electric,running water or anybody else on the island but us and a couple of bears :beat-up: and the fishing was great and when we got back to Ketchikan we tore up the kings......Don't get me wrong I love the Florida fishing and think its one of the best fisheries but the trip to Alaska was a once or twice in a life time trip for me.. BTW in my opinion tropical and subtropical fish are much harder fighting fish then most cold water fish :dodgy:
Flatsrat76

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
flatsrat76 said:
BTW in my opinion tropical and subtropical fish are much harder fighting fish then most cold water fish :dodgy:

You need to head up here and hook into a pig of an Erie smallmouth.... they are not the "king" but they have to be the closest thing pound for pound. They are big time jumpers and very hard pullers. :cool: I'd rather catch a few of them than catch 10lb. walleye all day long. A big bluegill on an UL and 2lb. test is something as well, will make your drag sing.

It's funny what we keep in our mind from an outing that brings back those good memories. Every time i pull out a purple worm it reminds me of the days my grandfather first (ever) got me started on artifical bait. :) Wonder what a license costs up in Alaska today...

flatsrat76

AtticaFish said:
flatsrat76 said:
BTW in my opinion tropical and subtropical fish are much harder fighting fish then most cold water fish :dodgy:

You need to head up here and hook into a pig of an Erie smallmouth.... they are not the "king" but they have to be the closest thing pound for pound. They are big time jumpers and very hard pullers. :cool: I'd rather catch a few of them than catch 10lb. walleye all day long. A big bluegill on an UL and 2lb. test is something as well, will make your drag sing.

It's funny what we keep in our mind from an outing that brings back those good memories. Every time i pull out a purple worm it reminds me of the days my grandfather first (ever) got me started on artifical bait. :) Wonder what a license costs up in Alaska today...

I have lived and fished in the Midwest since I was in my 20s and I agree that smallmouth are not the "King" by far and my largest is 6Ib 8oz
back in 1989 in the eagle river chain o lakes in WI using a live leopard frog :s
The first arties I started using were also them purple worms :p I never really fished for Crappie that much but this week I am going to get a salt/fresh license and give them a shot in lake Seminole.....
Flatsrat76

ScottV

I would love to make a trip like that someday. Only problem, I'm scarred of sharks and bears. Crappie fishing ain't all that bad. LOL

StumpHunter

ScottV said:
I would love to make a trip like that someday. Only problem, I'm scarred of sharks and bears. Crappie fishing ain't all that bad. LOL

Them garfish can make a crappie trip interesting!!!;) Shark are a little bigger fish than I want to catch lol.

Back