Good is Good, no 2 ways about it!

Pepop

I've just gotta throw this out there! Shortly after I started tying, I jumped head first into powder painting! I started with a few 1 & 2 ounce jars from a couple retailers but then....I discovered Rosey's! Well, I was COOKED then! I watched a you tube video and then built me a fluid bed. I had the same kind of troubles everyone has from time to time with no "boiling", "volcano's" and whatever other kind of problem. I even bought Difuser disc's but still, it just wasn't right.
Well, I broke down last week and ordered a 2-station 2" Fluid Bed from TJ's plus several extra cups. It came today & I just HAD to test it. Let me tell everyone right now, I SHOULDA COUGHED UP THE CASH 3 YEARS AGO!!! I tested 5 different powders, 2 that I had fair success in my homemade FB but 3 "Heavy" powders that no matter what I did, I could never get even a bubble! Volcano's, sure, that would blow powder everywhere, but never the slightest boil. Well, that's history! Even the Dark Charcoal Grey (automotive grade) from Sherwin Williams looked like a little 2" pot of boiling water!
So, if you're serious about powder coating jigs or spoons or whatever, you won't go wrong with a Fluid Bed from TJ's Tackle!

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way affiliated with TJ's Tackle, just a satisfied customer!

plateboater

I have his 3" (fat fingers) and about 25 cups over the last couple years. I run a dual! Went to PetSmart and gotta bigger pump! Glad you smartened up!!! Really love a good boil to lay the little 1/64 and 1/80 I have been playing with!

Barefoot

I have been running two of TJ's singles when painting heads for many years. Most of the time I just use the one single and a few cups as there is always a reheat between between paints. If I had to start over I would go with the dual for sure.
TJ's is a good place to pick up a few heads to experiment with as well.

Darter1940

Streetwalker said:
I built my own beds but I use TJ's cups. I use this pump http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JPEVMC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to power four beds at a time. Best air pump I've ever used.

I get most of my powder from Prismatic, some of their stuff has a lot of glitter and can be hard to get started boiling and keep boiling. Need lots of air. That pump delivers.

Streetwalker I like what you said about power paint beds, is there any way you can send me the designs to built one.

Back