GOLD!!

Squeakyboatcaptain

Pepop came over today, and I poured him up a mess of jigs, and we did a little horse trading.... I was busy getting ready to go fish a tournament on Saturday, and didn't have time to do any painting.... but.... that gold was just calling to me.... I had to just dip one head in that golden powder.....
1366340541.jpg
Man.... do I see some possibilities with this!! Thanks Vern!!

Pepop

THAT's MONEY!!
smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-006.gif
You've got a great family Jerry! And a beautiful place! Be careful on CC tomorrow with the wind. Shouldn't be too bad early but 10-20 after 10am. Sat should be PERFECT!! ..........for a December morning!! LOL Good Luck buddy!

Bucho

Man, what I wouldn`t give to get that effect!! For some reason, all the "metallic" paint I purchase always looks great on the probe and very dull on the lure, with only one exception, a chrome powderpaint that I am very glad to have.

Is there a trick or just a better supplier? Or both? :huh:

Pepop

That gold is Sun Gold Metallic from Rosey's Powder Paint and another gold I have, Metallic Gold from Columbia Coatings and both are excellent metallic's.

the top is the Sun Gold Metallic and the bottom (sorry but I didn't get a good coating, it wasn't the paint but the painter) is Metallic Gold.

eyecrosser

That powder gives a great finish. A black or black/sparle over that gold would make a killer combo.

Fatman

Great looking paint!!!!!! Ya know we're all gonna put each other in the poor house!!!!!!!!!!!LOL
and that would be a great mix!!!!!!!!!!!

Pepop

Jig Man said:
Nice paint... So Pepop, ya got some molds on the way yet? :D

Jig Man, The wife said ABSOLUTELY NO!! lead-melting in the house so until I build me a "Jig-House" out back, I'll just let RonDon & Squeaky do the melting for me. LOL

Bucho said:
@Pepop: Thanks! I found that its out of stock at Rosie´s, but there seems to be a european branch of casswell plating
http://www.caswelleurope.co.uk/Powder-Coating/powder_coating_colors_2.htm

that might be a good source for me. Has anybody gathered any experience with their colors? Especially in the gold/candy department?

Bucho, check back with Rosey's often as they just finished their 1/2 off everything Spring Sale and may not have their inventory back up yet but they will. They are also working on some "Package" deals directed at the jig tier plus some new colors. This all came from one of their R&D/Marketing guys.

StumpHunter

Awesome color!! I can remember saying I would never pour jigs, well that didn't last long around this group :):):)
I hope Rosey's offers the sample packs again soon.

Back