Go to Walleye jig?

eyecrosser

I personally like to fish with whatever size jig gives me some contact with bottom without digging in or snagging. Both in lakes and outlets. There are times when they will suspend but this should get you by most times; particularly from the bank. I always prefer to fish the windy side of the lake as that is where the bait is stacking up and the walleye are there taking advantage of disorientated bait. In Kansas outlets I fish, don't discount throwing cranks also. Also, jigs with an electric blue or purple mixed with chartreuse are hot baits in cold water here, especially at night.

redman

Keith eyecrosser stole my thunder. He has give you good advice. If you fish some where that has a lot of mud try to find a place that has sand or rock.these places will be like magnets for walleyes. Walleyes are like women they don't like mud on there butts. Not to say they won't be in a mud flat just that they like rocks and sand better.

Like I said more than a few times in my post " when I hunt walleyes ". Fishing walleyes is more like hunting than fishing. You have to keep moving and find them. Trout are easier to catch than walleye. About the only thing that I can compare it to is upland bird hunting.

Redman

Back