Go big or go home

quivira kid

Went out today and did some vertical jigging. The wind was blowing decent, so we couldn't go to the reservoir like we had planned. The whitecaps on the water at 7am convinced us to go to the smaller county lake a few miles away. We couldn't use are small stuff still, and it was an 1/8-oz and up kind of a day for the most part. We did some exploring and found some brushpiles, but very few fish on them. Lost two solid fish at the surface, and boated 3 or 4. Not gangbusters by any means... BUT, I caught this decent slab on a 1/4-oz bucktail I tied last night. Made me feel good!

397263_669442650173_77201780_33748750_1598152795_n.jpg

blt

Good work. I've invited people over from work to make a few simple jigs on their own to use and catch with so they can have that same feeling. None have taken me up on it lol. "to much work, you do it for us".

quivira kid

It's generally about a 50/50 shot... I just recently (couple years ago) got into ice fishing, so I would really prefer to be walking on the lake right now, not floating. But the new brush pile we found yesterday could be a spot to keep an eye on! Easily reached from shore, even with a fly rod.

Thanks for the comments! We just like to get out and have fun. That jig color combo is one of our favorites in the muddy water around here.

Zac

Back