Glow powder paint

eyecrosser

This will be my 1st time messing with glow paint, any tips on use for better results?? Undercoat color, etc... Picked up a super glow red, a glow orange and glow overcoat. Gonna try it on some ice jigs 1st, never have seemed to need it for the Walleye and Crappie we catch around here, but the glow colors were super through the ice in North Dakota this year.

SlabHappy

I have found , with my limited use, that it shows up best on light colors. The glow overcoat looks good on pinks, whites, chart, ect. I took the Roseys Glowbee clear, and bought some aqua glow pigment off Amazon, and mixed some in to make it brighter. I have painted several glow heads, but really haven't used them much. I just use the spiked topcoat over a double dipped coat. Usually 2 dips color, 2 dips glow, but trust me, I am no expert. I will be "listening" as well.

LedHed

Sponsor
I "fluff and stuff" and use brushes too with no undercoat . Only doing ultra light jigs - 1/24th probably the largest.

eyecrosser

If I use the glow red, do I put a regular red base coat below it??? Maybe white??? Hate to just experiment as not a lot of ice jigs to work with.

SlabHappy

I would probably put a coat of white, red, then glow topcoat, but like I said, I have limited experience.

Back