gliss fishing line

NorCoMike

Any one used this fishing line? I bought a couple spools of it and just tried it for the first time last night. I like it! I was using nanofil exclusively but i will make the change over to gliss for all my ultralight jigging!

Muskygary

I bought a spool of the 8# test. Haven't had time to use it yet. 8# is a little heavy for my ultra light fishing. Wish they made it in 6 pound.

Kdog

Muskygary said:
I bought a spool of the 8# test. Haven't had time to use it yet. 8# is a little heavy for my ultra light fishing. Wish they made it in 6 pound.

Check the diameter of the line( 0.004" for Gliss 8#)  is equal to probably some ande 1# or 2# test
4# stren = 0.008 diameter
6# Stren = 0.009
8# stren = 0.011

I am interested in hearing about true breaking strength and knot strength.

NorCoMike

I haven't put any real test on the line yet. I fish with a flouro or mono leader and join them using the alberto knot. So far all the knots have cinched down nicely and haven't broke the gliss to leader knot yet. Even got it stuck in snag and had to pull pretty hard to free it up. It popped the knot at the jig but i fish with a 4lb leader. Before with 6 pound nanofil it would always break at the leader knot.

Back