Gills

Youth Fisher

Me and my father went fishing to a 30 acre farm pond. This pond has served us well. We managed to get 18 nice bluegills and 2 crappie. Also on my jig I tied up just thinking on good color combos. Never tried to not use bait till now. I actually caught most of them without bait :). I will try to start jigging more without bait. When we got home I was finally taught how to fillet a fish. I did 19 all by myself and I'm pretty excited. So today I had a fun day, and a beautiful Indiana evening. :D

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 52
  • cleaning fish .jpg
    cleaning fish .jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 52
  • fleyknife.jpg
    fleyknife.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 50
  • thumbs up.jpg
    thumbs up.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 52

JUNGLEJIM1

Nice catch and good job filleting them. It might be fun at first cleaning them but it's probably your job now. The catching is the best part later.

Jig Man

Dang, those are some nice gills, and thanks for sharing your story. Brought back some memories of my own....

Uncle Grump

Atta boy young'un!!!!

I hope's cleaning them fish was really, really, really, reeeeaallllyyy fun, cause I'll bet your dad cleaned his last fish....

Well done - keep it up.

UG

Fatman

Very nice and even better on jigs you made yourself!!!!!! Try cleaning them without the electric knife and you might not like it so much!!!!LOL

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Heck yeah! That is what it is all about.... gotta clean the fish before you eat them so i see it as just part of the fishing. I bet your Dad was sure proud as well and deserves a pat on the back for passing it on to you. :cool:

Those days where you can get out and not worry about re-baiting are great!

Congrats on success and learning experience. :jig:

Back