Giant

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Well..... giant for the end of MY line! :D Biggest crappie i've caught - measured 15" on the nose. The other fish went 13". Lost 2 other big ones and caught a few dinks as well. Fish were caught at my local reservoir tonight, fished from 8:30 to 9:30....... till it got to dark to see. Weeds taking over the lake and have to make acurate casts to get into open pockets. Once it was too dark, was hitting the weeds on every cast. Caught them on a black/silver b.tail jig hung about 2' under a float. :cool:

100_4935_e.jpg

100_4934_e.jpg

Lost Pole

Thems sure Nuff gooduns. Were you on the bank. Sounds like a night setup with a small paddle boat would be some choice fishing with all the vegetation.
Congrats on your best SAC!, Russel.

Adam

JUNGLEJIM1

Very nice whites, that's my style of fishing. I love watching the cork go under,even after over 50 years of fishing them. A pic of the jig ??

toadfrog

Yes sir been a long time since I got a crappie that nice . Get some rope tie it around a 4 way tire tool . Sling that sucker far as you can drag it in . bring the weeds out . Once you clear a nice spot go back the next night fish it.

crappiecripplerjigs

Looks like a very productive hour on the lake. Congrats on the getting your big'gun! You're never too old to fish with a cork.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 1

LA Bait head ( 1/10, 1/12, 1/16.......??? :blush: )
Pearl belly / Black top / Flame-sparkle nose
Silver & Red Flashabou
Black & Gray bucktail
Silver tinsel chenille

Would much rather use b.tail or kip if fishing under a bobber.... save the bunny for casting or on the move.

LostPole - Fishing from the bank, just pitching out to nearby holes in the weeds - pop the float a few times and if no bite, move to the next one. Have gotten 2 stories about if boats are aloud, but i did take my kayak on it once and did not get kicked off. It is a small, shallow and fairly clear water lake - 9' max depth - so not sure if a boat would spook the fish easily. Might give it another try though.

ToadFrog - I have the end of a heavy yard rake that busted off last year..... i kept it with that exact intention in mind. Honestly, completely forgot all about it, until just now - THANKS!

Attachments

• 100_4940_e.jpg
    100_4940_e.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 53

Hawnjigs

KISS
Wow, thats a slab - bet theres more buried in the weeds. Good idea to clear some runways as far from EZ access points as possible.

Fatman

Great looking fish = you should check if your FW would bring in a grass cutting machine to make fishing more accessible for shore fisherman. The big pond where we go gets like that on the front edge and that's where the fish like to hang out. Just no way to cast from the shore though.

Back