getting ready for the 'Sip

Bucko

Tied a few dozen up and just need the weekend! Hopefully get into some good walleyes! This is a few 3/4 ouncers.

Attachments

• 1427775204551.jpg
    1427775204551.jpg
    481.7 KB · Views: 126

LedHed

Sponsor
Awesome work - excellent tyes

Is there a preference for light wire hooks over a heavier wire hook, for the walleye?

Bucko

I prefer just a standard 570. Light wire will bend out of you get snagged up. I use light wire size 10 mustad treble hooks for stingers. Same deal, they bend out if snagged. Just keep my hook file handy is all.

plateboater

How are you getting the chartreuse with all that glitter.....tapping? Killer ties.....boys were on the river last weekend in droves!

Bucko

plateboater said:
How are you getting the chartreuse with all that glitter.....tapping? Killer ties.....boys were on the river last weekend in droves!

I did a coating of chartreuse paint them put it back over heat gun. Then while that paint was still melted I dipped it straight into the glitter. Lighting wipe excess of after cooling then give a liberal coating of Sally's to secure it.

Bucko

Muskygary said:
Do you ever tip with live bait, or just fish them as is?

I usually put a minnow on them. Hook through the mouth them out in or behind the skull. I jig these with very hard jerks so simply hooking through the lips will not work. One in awhile the fish want it without which I can only think would be they want a faster and more dramatic drop down. But I always start tipping them with s minnow and let the fish tell me otherwise.

Bucko

Holy crap! It's 75 degrees here today!!! This should warm that water a few degrees more that's needed to give those walleye a kick start. This weekend could be awesome! It's it the weekend yet?

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Those are sweet looking jigs! Glitter really comes out nice on them. Dark purple and John Deere green are the 2 favorite colors on Erie.

Beautiful outside here today too.... right now about 60° and warmer tomorrow. River run 'eyes are doing their thing right now. I am guessing you are using these on rivers (could be wrong) but is all your ice burnt off the lakes up there too?

.......and it is not the weekend yet. :( I am waiting patiently also.

Bucko

AtticaFish said:
Those are sweet looking jigs! Glitter really comes out nice on them. Dark purple and John Deere green are the 2 favorite colors on Erie.

Beautiful outside here today too.... right now about 60° and warmer tomorrow. River run 'eyes are doing their thing right now. I am guessing you are using these on rivers (could be wrong) but is all your ice burnt off the lakes up there too?

.......and it is not the weekend yet. :( I am waiting patiently also.

Some ice in the middle of lakes. Up north they were ice fishing as of Monday in spots yet I heard..... after today that'll be done.

Back