Getting out there

hhawkins

The FLW tournament has been going on the last few days and this weekend. I've been shamelessly putting myself out there. :D Lastnight I was greeting a couple of the FLW guys, asking them how their day went. They told me pretty good but they weren't happy at the moment, all pink lures in the store have been bought up. We had a couple of float worms but that is not what the guys wanted. This is one of our problems for being a small BPS. We don't have the big inventory that the Springfield store has. Anyway....I asked them if they fish with jigs.....:rolleyes:...They said yes as long as they were PINK. They put in an order of 8, 1/4 oz round head jigs, told me that they would pay me $30 for tying the jigs in short notice...OK :icon14: Told me to call them after I got off work. So now the bad news..after getting all excited and thinking about the amount of sleep that I wasn't going to get, I called the guys after I got off of work and he told me sorry that they had found some pink lures. :( The guys did thank me a lot and invited me to the FLW opening for this morning. I didn't go, thinking I should have gone, there might have a big opportunity that I just missed. But I did get my name out there and hope the word of mouth spreads.

toadfrog

That will probably stay in the back of there minds and when they really do get up against it you'll get a call .

cadman

Unfortunately, I always ask for money up front from anyone I don't know or haven't done business with. I've been doing this too long and heard too many promises. There are a lot of really nice people out there that will screw you over as well. Once money is in hand it's mine and you have just made a deal. However if you didn't start it, then nothing really lost, but that just isn't right. My philosophy is treat others as you like to be treated.

LedHed

Sponsor
Cool getting your business out there. Not cool they didn't order the jigs. They should have spent the $30 - might have won them a tourney.....

LRB

cadman said:
Unfortunately, I always ask for money up front from anyone I don't know or haven't done business with. I've been doing this too long and heard too many promises. There are a lot of really nice people out there that will screw you over as well. Once money is in hand it's mine and you have just made a deal. However if you didn't start it, then nothing really lost, but that just isn't right. My philosophy is treat others as you like to be treated.

Trust In The Lord...But Everyone Else pays Cash !!!...( UpFront!!)

ML

Shoemoo

It's disappointing, but take it as a lesson. Don't count your money until you have it in hand, and don't start any work for anyone until they pay you. Be polite, but firm. No money, no work.

I'm a freelance writer by trade. In this business, you find there are a LOT of people who want you to do something for them, until it comes time to put their money where their mouth is. Then you never hear from them again.

Back