Getting onto the site

StumpHunter

I have been having trouble getting onto the site and then when I do get here I can't open post. A page comes up saying the site can not be pull up? I was able to log in today, hope this gets worked out soon. Thanks.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry i did not see this yesterday. :-/ not sure what is going on. if you could, please copy and paste any error messages and send them to me, it is a little easier to diagnose the problem. if you can not post here or PM me, please email the error message you are getting to: [email protected] - and i will get it. i will look into your account settings and see if i can find anything unusual. thanks for letting me know. - Russ

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Got your email, thank you. instead of emailing you back, i wanted to post up here to gauge if anyone else has been having the same problem...

Quote - "Sometimes I can go back and forth between this page and jigcraft and can get the page to open. Sometimes it doesn't. Didn't know if anyone else is having a problem or not. I ran a check on my computer and can't find any problems so I'm not sure what to do. I was able to log on last night and post a few replys then it started again." - Quote

...is anyone else have issues similar to this?

It sounds as though you are getting a "Page Cannot Be Found" message when navagating through the forum - the copy paste link did not work that you sent me, it went right to the main forum page with no problems.

I get the same problem, but very seldom. usually going back and trying again i can get there 2nd try and do not get the message again. tomorrow night i will get into the actual database and run a clean-up. maybe that will help, but will have to see. tonight i am doing some cleaning up of (hopefully) junk member registrations that appear to be spammers.

StumpHunter

The page that comes up will say ( Internet Explorer cannot display the wed page) Yesterday I would have to keep using the back button until the site would open. It has happen three times this morning while trying to sign on. I would click "log on" and it would take me to the Internet Explorer page and then I could not use the back button so I would have to close the page and try to pull the site up again. When the page did come up I was signed in. My be something going on with my Charter Cable service?

Hawnjigs

KISS
Stump, are you using IE8? I am, & lately, I've been getting more n more of those same error notices navigating other websites. Usually, clicking the double green arrows refresh button works to get to the intended destination page.

StumpHunter

Here are some pics of my screen and what it looks like when I can get on. Hope this helps

Attachments

• odd stuff 005.jpg
    odd stuff 005.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 57
  • odd stuff 004.jpg
    odd stuff 004.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 56
  • odd stuff 002.jpg
    odd stuff 002.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 58
  • odd stuff 001.jpg
    odd stuff 001.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 57

Hawnjigs

KISS
Hey, I just got the pic #1 error page accessing my Yahoo! home, went to "Tools" -> "Compatibility View Settings" and x'd the box for "Display all websites in Compatibility View" and the error page was immediately replaced by the intended Yahoo! sign in page.

Your errors & odd displays might have something to do with Compatibility View too?

StumpHunter

I'm going through the settings. I have an xp and have not found the "compatibility view setting" yet but I will find it LOL. This has been a pain but it will get worked out! Thanks for your help.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Well... after looking into it, i can not find any problems on this end through your settings or in the database. :-/ and since not too many others are reporting having the same issue, it leads me to believe it is possibly (can never say for sure - d@mn computers!!) something on your system. I noticed you were still having problems the other night during the tying marathon... are you having similar problems with other websites & forum sites or is it just here on JC? realy scratching my head. :huh:

StumpHunter

AtticaFish said:
Well... after looking into it, i can not find any problems on this end through your settings or in the database. :-/ and since not too many others are reporting having the same issue, it leads me to believe it is possibly (can never say for sure - d@mn computers!!) something on your system. I noticed you were still having problems the other night during the tying marathon... are you having similar problems with other websites & forum sites or is it just here on JC? realy scratching my head. :huh:

It is only on this site and I have looked at everything even tried turning off McAfee to see if that was the problem. Tried coming onto the site using my wifes computer since she has the Vesta but still had problems. The only thing I know to do is call my cable company and see if I have a problem with their boxes? Until I get it fixed I am just a little slow at posting, LOL. I will let you know if I ever find the problem. Thanks for looking into it.

scoot

I am having trouble logging in. I type in user name OK. I type in the letters and numbers right and it logs me in, OK. When I log out and log back in the user name is right but the password shows wrong. Can you correct this problem.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
scoot said:
I am having trouble logging in. I type in user name OK. I type in the letters and numbers right and it logs me in, OK. When I log out and log back in the user name is right but the password shows wrong. Can you correct this problem.

Sorry this took so long to get you back some info.......

Not positive on what you are asking. Are you trying to have your Internet Browser save your username/password so you do not have to type it each time you come to the site? or are you getting the screen that says 'your password is incorrect' after knowing for sure that you typed the correct password?

If you are having trouble logging in with your current password: First thing i would try doing is to change you password. Stick with something simple and see if you still have the same trouble. If so, let me know nd i can re-work your username and password from my end and possibly straighten it out.

If you are still having trouble and can not log-in to reply to me, please send me an email - [email protected] - and i will get you fixed up. - Russ

Radtexan

scoot said:
Ive seen this too Russ.When I log on,even with user and pass saved,there seems to be a default password saved it the system..

View attachment 8

I dont log out often,but when I do, I know I have to retype my password ?

Attachments

• jc.png
    jc.png
    176.1 KB · Views: 25

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Ahhh.... perhaps we have found the culprit!!! Scoot, is this the same problem you are having that Radtexan just explained where there is a 'saved' password already typed in?

Now comes the dilema - i have no clue how to fix this and i do not believe that it is something that i can fix through the database of the website. That is something that is not saved on the site at all. The first time you ever enter a password into a new website, the internet browser (Explorer, Firefox, Crome, etc.) will ask you if you want to save this password for the next time you come back and it keeps that info on your computer..... somewhere.?.?.? I have this same problem with a different forum and have never been able to solve it

I am thinking this has to do with the cookies/tracking system that are set. The cookies are a way that a website and your individual computer/ip address can 'track' each other.... that is how we get the little arrows next new posts that have been made since our last visit and so on. I will see if i can dig into this - maybe clear/delete the cookies? I have no clue if that will work though. Cookies do HAVE to be enabled on your computer to use the forum, but i am not sure if there is a way to re-set them. Give me a few days, but in the mean time, hopefully you can still get on as long as you re-type your password each time.

Radtexan

Its certainly not a problem Russ,but I dont think its one of my saved password or cookies..Number wise it doesnt fit any of my saved passwords..

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
For any of you that have a password automaticaly typed in that is wrong when you go to log in...... try this. I found a link in the help documents of the site that can clear the cookies for JigCraft off of your computer. It will clear them and start a new one, so none of your information will be lost.

Use of cookies on MyBB

It says there that it does store log-in information in the cookie - maybe this will resolve the problem? Let me know. :)

Back