Getting Life back to somewhat normal

AllenOK

Figured I'd get this onto the OT forum instead of the main one.

Life is slowly settling into a routine, and I am beginning to establish a "new normal" for me.  Got my truck insured and plates renewed (since She Who Must Not Be Named blew all my money before I could get it done).  Picked up a cheap used laptop, so now I'm not limited to just my phone.  Trying to get the ball rolling on filing for bankruptcy.  That's going to be difficult, as there are now bankruptcy attorneys in the city I live in, AND I work the next 13 days straight.

Closed my old checking account, the one that S.W.M.N.B.N. had limited access to (she had the app on her phone, and could see how much money I had coming in, not totally sure if she had the numbers off my debit card).  She does NOT have any sort of access to my new account.  I'm hoping she doesn't even know which bank I'm now with.

Went and saw my children yesterday for several hours.  

Got to do a little fishing yesterday afternoon, before I saw my kids, and this morning.  Didn't get to go for very long.  I probably won't be able to get back out like I used to for awhile.

duffy

I would make sure she has no access to ANY cards or accounts because she can still run up a credit card and you'll be liable for it. Happened to my bro-inlaw when his old dragon sensed something was going to happen she ran the card up to the limit. May be too late for you as it sounds like she already had most of this planned but at least if you can document date & time when you left it may help. Bankruptcy is a crappy way to have to go but sometimes I guess it's the fastest way out. Why is it that we never hear about the women getting raked over the coals like the guys??? But glad to hear you'r getting going again.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to hear some things are settling down for you. Most important thing is to keep a level head..... I have some friends who have gotten hot over this kind of thing and it never turns out good.

You ever get a chance to check out Lake Hudson yet? Looks like it might be an hour or so south of you so not just around the block. By the looks of it, you have a chit-ton of lake options around you. We have another camping trip planned for the summer up to Hudson and already can't wait. That is one beautiful and peaceful lake.

AllenOK

Don't have any credit cards, unless she opened one up in my name. I'll have to run a credit report to check that. Been thinking about signing up for Lifelock.

Both of us have to file bankruptcy. We cosigned on a rather expensive SUV several years ago. She insisted that I get something big enough to transport all the kids, and I wanted something that could haul my kayak around. Ended up with a Chevy Traverse for over $20K. I had red flags popping up in my mind, should have listened. I had to work two jobs to stay afloat. When we moved up here to MI, I wasn't able to get a second job. Ended up getting the Traverse repossessed. Now we are both being sued for the difference.

AF, at the start of the year, we moved to a different house that's a lot closer to Hudson. One of my plans this summer was to check it out. Now, I'm back up in Jackson. My truck is a gas-guzzling V8, and you are correct, there are LOTS of places to drop a kayak in, many of them really close to where I'm living now. Not sure when/if I'll make it to Hudson. Once things really settle down, I'm hoping to have the gas money to wander a little further from home than I have in the past.

Back