Fur & Flash Jigs

Hawnjigs

KISS
Posting these becuz I found out that short zonker+flash ties on the shank rather than the ball collar of banana heads works really well for Hawaiian lava coast shoreline small game. Pictured 1/8 #2, 1/4 #1, 3/8 1/0 long shank salt water Sickles. Would this type of jig work on mainland coastal species? Also, Matzuo says those 133050s are no longer available, anyone know where to get some?

View attachment 8

Attachments

• swBashers.JPG
    swBashers.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 76

Pup

Hawnjigs,

I really like your ties and the jig head's style. :cool: I think that banana head jigs could be useful for a variety of swim jigs using rabbit, craft fur, and/or feathers for freshwater fish.

There is a fellow that goes by the internet name of "Bonephish" (from Louisiana?) who ties some marvelous banana head jigs for saltwater fish. His ties inspired me to try tying with tube jig heads for largemouth bass. Some of these heads are very similar to the banana head style.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Yes, I saw a tube head jig posted on your site, nice look to it with a light head, big hook, and long tie. Looks like a good slow swimmer with lots of material movement.

I like the weighted belly of a banana head which helps keep the hook point upright. Salt water jigs out here tend to be on heavier heads with more compact ties - for quick hopping retrieves.

A LA jigger would prob be targeting redfish & sea trout(specks) - thanks for that info.

Back